These are practical jokes you can try at home or in the office, but you must be careful so that things don’t get out of hand. We have a huge list of them here so you have to choose the ones you are cool with.
Practical Joke Ideas – Good Practical Jokes
1. Pulling the Fire Alarm: Find a way to get tear gas or an excessive amount of pepper spray. Fill the most likely emergency exit with this pepper spray or tear gas and pull the fire alarm. You can also use stink bomb fireworks.
2. Toilet Paper: Go in early to school and put iching powder on all the toilet rolls.
3. Dimes: Find the busiest hallway in your school. (I mean when the bell rings for the end of the class everyone is neck in neck in this hallway). Strategically super glue dimes to the floor. (Dimes are thin and hard to get). Watch as chaos ensues.
4. Hot Peppers: Get some really hot peppers, Cut them up, Smear pepper juice all over the door knobs in the school. Watch victims rub their eyes and make it worse.
5. School Rock: Many schools have a graffiti rock that people can tag when the win games, or just for school spirit. Find your rival schools rock, get a friend with a truck, chain the rock to it and block the entrance road to school with the rock. Tag it with your colors from another school if you don’t want to get caught.
6. Cement Doors Shut: Get some quick drying cement. Find all the entrance doors that open outward. Cement the bottom of the doors shut.
7. If you have a skylight in your house. This is one of the great funny pranks to pull on your siblings and close friends. Sometime when they’re watching T.V. or busy, put on dark clothes and a ski mask and climb onto their roof. When they walk into the room with skylight make a loud noise and stare at them before quickly dodging out of the way and climbing off the roof.
8. I told my mom I was going to use her shower because mine was busted. I brought a bottled of ketchup with me and I sprayed the stuff everywhere, then I screamed bloody murder. My mom came in and saw the “blood” everywhere and started gagging. Be warned you will likely get grounded.
9. When you get Junk Mail, if there’s a self address Stamped envelope, put a Used Condom, or a String from a Used Tampon in that envelope and return it. Juice up the Condom and String before sending. If they’re going to send you their shit, return it with yours.
10. Boys / Girls (optional). Go into a Gay bar. Put your X’s number on the Bioys / Girls bathroom wall.
11. When you’re in a bathroom stall take a milk chocolate candy bar with you and when someone is next to you, squish it in your hand and reach under the stall wall and say “You got any more toilet paper over there, This side’s completely out.
12. Ketchup Get two ketchup packets (Fast Food, etc), roll them up so they are about to explode. Using a pin, poke a hole in each one near the exposed end seam on the outer sides. Place them going in opposite directions under the toilet seat and on the toilet bowl. Now you have a ketchup pack that will squirt in two directions at once. The heavier the victim the funnier it will be when they sit down to take a crap!
13. Put pop rocks in your friends cat litter and watch his cat shriek with every piss. Pee will go everywhere.
14. When you get Junk Mail, let them know how it feels. Waste there time. If the letter has a Returned Stamp Envelope, put a used Rubber all saturated in it. FEMALES, juice up a string from a used Tampon, smash it as good As possible and put it in that envelope. OR, Pee, or Bleed on the returned paper paper you have to send back. After doing that a few times, I’ve not received a letter from that company.
15. Find a Rubber band (not a really thin one or a fat one) twist up the rubber band (more the merrier) twist until it is a tight coil when you pull the 2 sides, and then find a victim with long hair (shaggy is good). Pull the rubber band apart while still being coiled and then release it in their hair, this will make their hair scrunch up and hurt a lot in the process of trying to pull the rubber band out.
16. Find out what brand of TV your teacher uses for presentations or movies. Then purchase a universal remote and enter that particular brands code into the remote and let the fun begin.
17. If you are at a sleepover, grab some make-up and apply it like crazy. Make your face pale white, completely black, or other dark color. Add eye shadow to go on your eye-lid all the way to brow. Use bright red, black, or dark blue, lipstick and apply all over lips and beyond. Finally take RED blush and apply it in a perfect circle). You’ll look like an scary clown! Shake a person WHILE SLEEPING with the light on and they’ll freak looking at your face! It is so funny! You’ll scare the crap out of your friend!
18. Wet Dream: Wait until your friend is asleep. Then get a bowl full of water and stick their hand in it. In the morning they should have a rude awakening when they find out that last night they wet the bed. Remember to do this at your friends house and not your own house.
19. Salty Drink: For this funny prank take your friend’s drink, preferably a non fizzy drink, and load it with salt. For more fun challenge him to a chugging contest.
20. Zip Ties: Bring some zip ties along with you to school, work, etc. When your friend isn\’t looking, zip tie their bag to a table or chair. Preferably one that is attached to the ground or very heavy.
21. Boring Teacher: Wait for a kid to fall asleep in class get some hot sauce (and I mean hot, hot sauce) and when they fall asleep put it in there mouth and lips and wait for them to wake up screaming, “Hot, hot, hot!”
22. Funny Sign: Take a piece of paper, write a funny message, and put it on a chair (paper should be same color as the chair.) Put clear glue on the paper or double sided tape and someone will sit on it and be walking around school with paper on their butt.
23. Shampoo Colors: Find a friend who uses a bubbly fruity colored body wash or shampoo. Find a similar color food dye and put it in their shampoo.
24. Hot Girl: Class Find a class that just has hot girls. Then super glue change to the ground outside the classroom. When the girls go to pick up the change you will get a nice view of their rear ends.
25. This is GREAT and works best in a crowded bar. Bet one of your friends that they can’t balance a glass of beer on the back of each hand (on a table of course). When the beers are balanced simply walk out! Well worth the cost�truth is no guy would waste two good beers.
26. Room Okay, this is a funny prank. You take a garbage can and fill it about 3/4 way with water. You lean this up against a random dorm room. Knock on the door, run, and hide so you can see it from a distance. When the unsuspecting person opens the door the water will fall into their house flooding it. This is a really funny prank. But don’t get caught. Use Kool-Aid if you have the guts.
27. Peanut: Use your cell phone to film yourself sucking the chocolate from chocolate peanuts and spit every peanut in a bowl (if you don’t want your friend to really eat these nasty ass peanuts, just give him regular peanuts). Now give the bowl of peanuts to your friends, when they’ve eaten half the bowl, show them the video! They are gonna be so Pissed!
28. Toothbruth: Dilute sour candies (warheads, etc) in a small amount of water. Then soak your roommates toothbruth in it overnight. When he wakes up and brushes his teeth he will have one hell of a surprise. You can also use cayenne pepper or extremely hot chili peppers.
29. Stop Eating: My Food Maybe your roommate can’t resist eating your food. Now it’s time for payback! Obtain a small hypodermic needle and syringe Fill it with Habanero pepper extract or hot sauce. Inject extract or sauce into your roommate’s fruit, vegetables, cakes, ice cream, and anything else you can find that’s edible.
30. Shampoo and Conditioner: Put hair removal cream in your roommates shampoo or conditioner. For better results mix in shampoo with the hair removal cream so the bad smell doesn’t ruin the prank.
31. Poo Poo: If someone upsets you, get a bit of dog crap, (the fresher the better) and stick it under their car door handle, so it can’t be seen, when they go to open the door they get a handful of sh*t.
32. You take a dime/quarter, or any coin with the roughed edges, trace the outside of the coin with a pencil so the edges have graphite on them, and then tell you friend they can have the quarter if they can roll it down the middle of their nose and catch it. Once they roll it down their nose, they will have a long black strip of lead down their face.
33. Get an ice tray and make a few ice cubes with bugs in it. Ask your friend if he wants a drink and put those ice cubes in the drink.
34. Toilet Seat: First, get some plastic wrap and put up the toilet seat. Then, put the plastic wrap over the BOTTOM layer, so that the next time someone needs to go to the bathroom, they get a good surprise!
35. Ketchup: Get a half empty bottle of ketchup (any brand). Flip it upside down allowing ketchup to fill up the tip of the bottle. Then add two spoonfuls of baking soda and close the bottle. Serve hot dogs, french fries, or anything that requires ketchup and watch the ketchup explode out of the bottle when your friend tries to use it.
Funny Practical Jokes – Easy Practical Jokes
36. Green Fountain: Does your University or College have a large fountain, then take two bottles of dish detergent add lots of green food coloring and put it strategically into the foutain. The fountain will ooze green bubbles. You can use school colors if you want.
37. Wrap every item at someone’s desk in foil. Make sure that you take things apart and wrap them before assembling again.
38. Take a screenshot of someone’s computer desktop the set it as their wallpaper, then delete all their shortcut icons.
39. Signal that a conversation is over by clamping your hands over your ears and saying “lalalalalalala”.
40. Swap 2 keys on someone keyboard (the M and N keys work particularly well for this)
41. Staple pages in the middle of the page instead of the edge.
42. As much as possible, skip around the office rather than walk.
43. Ask people what gender they are.
44. Leave the copy machine settings to reduce 200%, extra dark, 17 inch paper, 99 copies.
45. Hide a cellphone in the ceiling tiles then randomly call it and watch people go crazy trying to find it.
46. Stick a piece of paper under the laser of a co-workers computer mouse so that it doesn’t work.
47. Move people’s food around in the fridge and hide it behind things. People go crazy over missing lunches.
48. Reply to everything someone says with “that’s what you think, but” then stop talking.
49. Sit at your desk and make fax and modem noises. If anybody asks what you are doing tell them “you are practising for your promotion to the Xerox room.”
50. Highlight irrelevant information in scientific papers and “cc” them to your boss.
51. While making presentations, occasionally bob your head like a parakeet.
52. When in meetings talk in rhyme.
53. Ask your co-workers mysterious questions and then scribble their answers in a notebook. Mutter something about “psychological profiles.”
54. Bring in an office snack like chocolate covered tuna balls or something else with a hidden surprise. Leave them in the lunch room with a note for people to help themselves.
55. Replace the staples in the stapler with those little poppers and wait for the loud bangs when someone tries to staple something.
Office Practical Jokes
56. Not Silent, Not Deadly Set the ring tone on your cell phone to an embarrassing bodily function and turn the volume up all the way. Hide your phone in their desk or under their chair. Call your cell phone from your desk phone. Everyone will think your victim has a problem!
57. Trapped in Plain Sight Take a token item from the victim – place it in a Jello mold, freeze it in a bottle of water, place in the center of a rubber band ball, etc. Keep taking the item and pranking the victim repeatedly.
58. This Prank Smells Get a gang of people to help you pull this prank on your victim. Throughout April Fool’s day, when each person is around the victim, they should pretend to smell something stinky. Ask the victim if they smell it too. After several people in a row do this (separately), the victim will become paranoid that is is THEM that is stinking.
59. Clipped Make some copies of a paperclip. Then put them into the paper tray of the copier. People will go nuts trying to find the paperclip stuck in the printer.
60. Invisible Ink Go into the victim’s office and locate every pencil and pen in their desk. Paint the tips with clear nail polish. When they try to write, none of them will work. (After the prank is revealed, the nail polish can be removed by dipping the pens and pencils in polish remover.)
61. Take the Call Use glue to secure the victim’s handset to the phone (be sure to use glue that can be removed…check the label first because some glue will destroy plastic). Then go to a nearby phone, call their number and watch while they lift the entire phone to their ear.
62. Totally Labeled Place post-it notes on every item on someone’s desk labeling what each thing is. EVERY ITEM. Vintage office prank.
63. Can You Do It If he has an overhead bin style cabinet, layer the bottom with paper, then attach the paper to the door (with tape or something) so it comes out when the door to the cabinet is open. Then fill it with empty soda cans. When he opens the door to his cabinet, viola, all the cans will come crashing out and it will be most embarrassing for him.
64. Stuck in a Rut Use string or wire to tie your victim’s drawer shut. (You’ll need to remove the drawer above to access the back so you can accomplish this.)
65. Did You Call Me? If you have an office phone system that allows conference calling, you can prank two people at once. Call the first victim’s extension, then very quickly call the second victim and push the conference button. Now both people will think the other person called them and will begin arguing over who called whom! Embarrassing Stuff in a Gym Bag Prank Idea
66. That’s Not Mine Leave a gym bag laying around the office. Since no one will know who the bag belongs to, someone will open it. Inside, leave some embarrassing items (XXXL-sized underwear, Justin Beiber fan magazines, giant tube of hemorroid cream, etc.). Include a fake ID with your victim’s name prominently displayed.
67. Fill It Up Do you have a co-worker that has to use his/her stapler frequently? Grab their stapler whenever they leave their desk and remove all but one or two of the staples. They will go crazy wondering why they are having to refill it so often!
68. No Comprende Borrow the victim’s cell phone when they aren’t around and change the language setting to a foreign language. Then watch and laugh as they struggle to translate the setting instructions on their phone.
69. Photoshop Deviltry Are you talented with Photoshop or another photo-editing program? Then work your magic on your victim’s desk photos! Borrow their photos, scan them, then: switch out their family members with monkeys, change their appearance so they look fat, photoshop them in embarrassing places, etc. Let your imagination go wild!
70. Strung Up Attach a string to the back of the victim’s desk drawer. Then run it up the wall, into the suspended ceiling, to a small container attached to the ceiling directly over the victim’s head. When the drawer is opened the string will be pulled, dropping a shower of confetti onto the victim’s head.
71. Kidnapped Take an item from the victim’s office (something they use a lot such as a special coffee cup, stapler, pencil cup, etc.). Take a picture of the item and leave it on the victim’s desk (in the same spot where the item was located), along with a “ransom” note.
72. Stale Joke Buy a box of donuts several days before April 1st. Keep them in the refrigerator with the top open until they are very dried out. On April Fool’s Day put them by the office coffee maker so everyone will help themselves!
73. Squeaked By First, take out your friend’s drawer. then tape a squeaky dog toy to the inside so that when you put it back and slide it in, it goes, “squeak squeak!” when it’s squashed.
74. Quick Bring several changes of clothes to work and change every hour or so. Pretend like nothing is strange.
75. Turn It Off! Find an old toy with button-activated sound (music, baby crying, etc.). Tape it to the back of the victim’s desk drawer, so that when the drawer is completely shut the button is activated. Leave the drawer open a crack, and wait for victim to arrive.
76. Just Missed It Do you sit near a co-worker you’d like to prank? Every time they stand up and start walking away from their desk, dial their phone number. As soon as they turn to go back and answer it, hang up. Repeat this until they are totally frazzled!
77. Hurry Up In There Take a pair of pants, stuff them and attach a pair of shoes. Place them in the bathroom stall so it looks like someone is “sitting.” Lock the door and crawl out under the door. If the bathroom has more than one stall, you’ll need to make enough “dummies” to fill them all. For added effect, make a tape recording of authentic “sound effects” and play it on a loop from inside the stall. This is one of the more elaborate office pranks, but worth the effort!
78. Filed Away Take a tape recorder and fast forward a blank tape about half-way. Then record yourself saying “Please let out of here!”, then knock on the tape recorder with your knuckles. Let the tape run a bit more and repeat as many times as you want. Now, rewind the tape, and hide it a file cabinet or other piece of furniture. Right before you know your victim will be in the area by themselves, sneak in a press “PLAY”.
79. Musical Chairs Take the fancy office chair out of the boss’s office and switch it with the ugliest chair. Whoever had the ugliest chair will probably be happily surprised to see their “new” chair, and the boss will probably be embarrassed to have to come and take it away. Of course, you better make sure your boss has a good sense of humor!
80. Soft Hat For a person who is required to wear a hard hat at work: hide their hat replace their hat with one you have painted bright pink, or otherwise decorated in an embarrassing way. Unless they can find someone who will loan them one, they’ll be forced to wear it all day.
81. Lighter Than You Think This prank actually starts a couple weeks before April 1st and only works if the victim uses the old-fashioned kind of phone with the mouthpiece that can be opened. Add a couple of nickels to the mouthpiece every day to gradually and unnoticeably make it heavier. On the morning of April 1st take them all out. Watch as your victim goes to answer the phone and whacks themselves in the face with the unexpectedly light phone.
82. Drawer Confusion Remove the desk drawers in the victim’s desk and switch them around. (If you can’t remove the drawers, just take out the stuff and swap it around.)
83. Weakling Steal all the victim’s pens and replace them with pens that have the caps glued on.