Choosing catchy volleyball quotes is one special way to unite the team. A volleyball quote can have different effects on either the team or the opponent depending on which one you choose, some are meant to inspire, create fun, intimidate etc. Here are some of the catchy volleyball quotes, sayings and slogans to adopt.
Inspirational Volleyball Quotes
1. Volleyball: Invented by men, perfected by women .
2. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vincent T. Lombardi
3. “You learn you can do your best even when its hard, even when you’re tired and maybe hurting a little bit. It feels good to show some courage.” – Joe Namath
4. If you can bang, you can hang.
5. “All I want out of life is that when I walk down the street folks will say, ‘There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived.'” – Ted Williams
6. “Be bold. If you are going to make an error, make a doozy, and don’t be afraid to hit the ball.” – Billie Jean King
7. I bust mine so I can kick yours
8. Rejection – blocking someone so hard that it knocks grandma off the bleachers
9. Give it your all on the sprawl, Drop a pancake and keep it clean, Find the target, put ‘em on the hook then dish it up, flare and catch some air, Check the set, bring some heat and watch them bail!
10. Sorry Princess not even Cinderella could get to this ball.
11. My boyfriend told me i had to choose between him and volleyball…….big mistake……Im really gonna miss him!!
12. If volleyball was easy it would be called football.
13. I was too pretty to be a cheerleader so I became a volleyball player.
14. Big hits.. little shorts
15. Teamwork makes the dream work.
16. In just a few short seconds I’m going to show down, throw down, and otherwise knock you down with a barrage of amazing spikes, blocks, and digs, and show you what volleyball is all about.
17. This is my court, you dig?
18. Our game is tighter than our spandex.
19. Jump set, back set, one set, two set, if setting were easy, they might let you set!!
20. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Darrel Royal
21. The winners in life think in terms of I can, I will and I am. Losers on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have done, would have done, and what they can’t do. -Dennis Waitley
22. Don’t just beat them, make a lasting impression that makes them never want to see your face again.
23. You can hit on us… but you can’t score.
24. That sweaty, expensive, time consuming habit…you gotta love it
25. Your mommy called, …she said you left your game at home.
26. The key is not the “will to win” – everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.
– Bobby Knight
27. A good team can win a volleyball game when they are ahead, a great team can win when they are behind.
28. Don’t let the ball hit the ground without a body hitting the ground with it.
29. Bump, set spike it…thats the way we like it
30. Pain goes away, pride lasts forever.
31. And somehow, somewhere, there was that little girl who picked up a volleyball and fell in love with the game.
32. We’re the reason your coach makes you practice.
33. Some people say that soccer moms are crazy, but those people have never seen a volleyball mom.
34. You thought it was hard receiving my serve … wait until you see me spike it right through your hands!
See Also: 100 Catchy Football Sayings
35. The only thing that makes a good day better is volleyball.
36. My coach tells me to give about 75% to volleyball. If I give 100%, my serve will kill someone, and my coach doesn’t want to deal with the paperwork.
37. Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. PERFECT practice makes perfect.
38. Volleyball: It’s in your heart, or it’s in your face.
39. It’s not how big you are, it’s how big you play!
40. I am so good your mom cheers for me.
41. Volleyball anchored me at a time in my life when I needed it. It gave me a reason for being this big, big girl. -Gabrielle Reece
42. I don’t need the Glory…. I don’t need the Fame…. I don’t need the Spotlight…. I just need the ball.
43. A hard practice makes an easy game.
44. Volleyball is life, everything else details.
45. “Somewhere behind the athlete you’ve become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back… play for her.” -Mia Haam
46. Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while……you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit.
47. Unfortunately, so is losing. – Vince Lombardi
48. “It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.” -Tom Hanks
49. “A league of their own”
50. On Beach Volleyball -You touch every other ball and, if you screw up, you only have one more person to back you up. You can’t go hide in the corner.” -Kerri Walsh
51. I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results. – Michael Jordan
52. Volleyball is one of the most interactive games going. It is a game of intuition, imagination, improvisation – but most of all, of reciprocity – of teamwork. There is no way to free-lance in volleyball. -Marv Dunphy
53. Welcome to the block party. Prepare to be stuffed!
54. Walk into the club like, “whatup. I got a big block.”
55. “It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare that matters.” -Paul “Bear” Bryant
56. There is no glory in practice, but without practice, there is no glory.
57. Be so good they can’t ignore you. – Steve Martin
58 It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts. -John Wooden
59 Volleyball rules are simple. If it is on the floor, pick it up and get it into the air. If it is in the air, keep it off the floor. – John Kessel
Funny Volleyball Quotes
60. pretty girls don’t play ball so lets get UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
61. “Our game is tighter than our spandex.”
62. “Chicks dig us cause guys can’t”
63. “Queen of the Court”
64. “Sorry Dear, Did you need a Manucure with that Facial?”
65. “Yeah… I play like a girl. You got a problem with that?”
66. “You wish you could hit like a girl.”
See Also: 100 Catchy Baseball Sayings
67. “It’s all fun and games until some girl kicks your butt!”
68. “I love my volleyball spandex shorts.”
69. “My lovely lady bumps”
70. A lifetime of training for just ten seconds.
71. Ace, Ace in your face.
72. Been there Dug That.
73. Big hearts, little shorts.
74. Bump, Set, Spike it! That’s the way we like it.
75. Bump. Set. Spike.
76. Can’t take the heat? Get off the court.
77. Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.
78. Eat. Sleep. Play. Volleyball.
79. Go hard or go home.
80. Go take a Spike.
81. Good Pass. Good Set. GOOD BYE.
82. Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.
83. I bump, I set, I spike…I win.
84. I bust mine to kick yours.
85. I play daily, you play weakly.
86. I’m bringin spandex back.
87. I’m not a waitress but I know how to serve.
88. If volleyball was easy, they’d call it football.
89. If you can’t take the pain, then stay off the court.
90. In OUR hearts In YOUR face.
91. It’s not bragging if you can back it up!
92. Its an air affair.
93. Its going down!
94. Its our duty to kick your booty.
95. Just Bump it up.
96. Just spike it.
97. Kiss my ace!
98. Live, Love, Volleyball.
99. Love at first spike.
100. Mind over matter……because in our mind, you don’t matter.
101. blood, my sweat, your tears.
102. New Kids on the Block.
103. One World, One Game.
104. Our game is as tight as our spandex.
105. Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
106. Passion is the difference between excellence and being average.
107. Practice safe sets.
108. Queens of the Court.
109. See you in Court!
110. Serve em up.
111. serve em up, slam em down.
112. Serve Strong. Dig Fierce. Spike Hard.
113. Set it up! Spike it down!
114. Set or be set.
115. Some call them opponents I call them VICTIMS!
116. Some wish for it. We work for it.
117. Spike balls not sport drinks.
118. Spike so hard the earth wants no part of you.
119. Victory is the goal, determination gets you there.
See Also: 100 Sports Trivia Questions and Answers
120. Volleyball. It’s in my blood.
121. Welcome to the Block Party.
122. Work hard. Have fun. Win!
123. You just got served.
124. You set it in the air I’ll hit it anywhere!
125. You wish you could hit like a girl.
126. You won’t like it when we spike it.
127. Your mom called. You left your game at home.
Volleyball Team Quotes
128. “I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.” – Mia Hamm
129. “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” – Henry Ford
130. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club wont be worth a dime.” – Babe ruth
131. “Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the me for the we.” – Phil Jackson
132. “No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” – Calvin Coolidige
133. “The one man team is a complete and total myth.” – Don Shula
134. “Team guts always beat individual greatness.” – Bob Zuppke
135. “What I spent, I had; What I kept, I lost; What I gave, I have.” – Henry Ward Beecher
136. “In order to become a leading home run hitter, a batter must be surrounded by good hitters, otherwise, the pitchers will ‘pitch around’ him. Likewise, many successful people became that way from being on a good team.” – Laing Burns Jr.
137. “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” – Margaret Carty