Here we have a set of short sayings written to inspire and motivate you. They might be short, but the wisdom embedded inside goes beyond what you could ever imagine. These are selected short sayings, mostly from some great minds whose words are well respected. Lets go!!
100 Short Sayings with Great Wisdom
1. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”- Alice Walker
2. “Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life.”- Sophia Loren
3. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.”- Katharine Hepburn
4. “beware the bareness of a busy life”- Socrates
5. “You cannot make it as a wandering generality. You must become a meaningful specific.”- Zig Ziglar
6. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”- Abraham Lincoln
7. “Tarzan is direct; he doesn’t ask Jane if they might have a meaningful relationship or if they can get together for lunch sometime.”- Richard Kahn
8. “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”- Abraham Lincoln
9. “I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.”- Unknown
10. “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.”- Mary Tyler Moore
11. “Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.”- Faith Baldwin
12. “Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.”
– Ralph Blum
13. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”- Winston Churchill
14. “You can’t trample infidels when you’re a tortoise. I mean, all you could do is give them a meaningful look.”
– Terry Pratchett
15. “Don’t become a wandering generality. Be a meaningful specific.”- Zig Ziglar
16. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”- Confucius
17. “Only those who dare to fail greatly, can ever achieve greatly.”- Robert F. Kennedy
18. “The only thing in life achieved without effort is failure.”- Unknown
19. “She taught you how to be a person who refuses anything but the meaningful. [About Susan Sontag]”- Michael Silverblatt
20. “This award is meaningful because it comes from my fellow dealers in celluloid.”- Alfred Hitchcock
21. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.”- Aristotle
22. “Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.”- Mahatma Gandhi
23. “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.”- Unknown
24. “It’s never too late?in fiction or in life?to revise.”- Nancy Thayer
25. “The word ‘meaningful’ when used today is nearly always meaningless.”- Paul Johnson
26. “Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.”- Grace Hansen
27. “Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it with use.”- Ruth Gordon
28. If a person really wants to live, the medicine is helpless.
29. Live as someone has left an open gate for you.
30. Life is short. Have a bit of patience…
31. Value the time! It’s the substance that life is made of.
32. If you didn’t manage to make your life great, it means life did you.
33. “Don’t limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time.”
34. “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.”
35. “Civilization is the process of reducing the infinite to the finite.”
36. “We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.”
37. “Only fools are positive.”
38. Life belongs to optimists. Pessimists are just viewers.
39. Life is so short to ruin it for everyone.
40. Shit happens, just flush it down and move on.
41. Some days I just don’t have enough middle fingers to go around…
42. Brains are awesome, I wish everybody had one.
43. I was born to live, not please everyone.
44. And they lived happily and often ever after.
45. Nothing poisons life more than potassium cyanide.
46. Take everything from life. Just remember where you took it from.
47. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.”
48. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.”
49. “This is my commandment, that ye love one another.”
50. “Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion.”
100 Amazing Short Sayings
51. “Strong lives are motivated by dynamic purposes.”
52. “Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.”
53. ‘How’s your health?’ ‘It’s enough for life!’
54. Life always turns out not as you want but as it should be.
55. Death takes away the best people. It means that I will live long and long.
56. It would be nice to live as everyone else, but my conscience wouldn’t let me.
57. Anniversary is when there are lots of flowers and you are still alive.
58. If life dropped you a lemon, look for salt and tequila.
59. Any home can be a castle when the King and Queen are in love.
60. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them”
61. “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
62. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
63. “In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back.”
64. It’s Friday today and all I have planned for tonight is drinking and drinking. Oh and, did I mention drinking?
65. The older you get, the better you get, unless you are a banana.
66. Run for your life – there are stupid people everywhere.
67. “I want to know God’s thoughts… the rest are details.”
69. “100% of the shots you don’t take don’t go in.”
70. “An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”
71. Simple rule to follow in your life: do your best and let God do the rest.
72. If the music is too loud – most probably you’re too old.
73. I do very bad things, and I do them extremely well.
74. Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
75. There is no elevator to success – you have to take the stairs.
76. We only live once. I couldn’t bare a second time.
1/7 of our lives are Mondays.
77. Living is good. But I’d prefer to live good somewhere else.
78. Nerve cells are born and die, and fat cells – live forever!
79. The longer the diagnosis, the shorter is the life left to live.
80. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.”
81. “You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want.”
82. “Those who speak don’t know, and those who know don’t speak.”- Toby Ziegler
83. ” Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change.”- Confucius
84. “A dog looks up to humans. A cat looks down on people. But a pig will look a human in the eye and see its equal.”- Winston Churchill
85. “If you are afraid of loneliness, don’t marry.”- Chekov
86. “Even Satan can build a cross.”- Swedish proverb
87. “Don’t get mad, get even.”- Robert F. Kennedy
88. “There are two kinds of people in this world, and I am one of them.”- Dave Barry
89. “Some people say “shoot” instead of “shit.” They can’t fool me, man. “Shoot” is “shit” with two o’s.”- George Carlin
90. “I never forget a face, but in your case I’ll be glad to make an exception.”- Groucho Marx
91. “A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”- Oscar Wilde
92. “A liar needs a good memory.”- Marcus Fabius Quintalianus
93. “Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.”- John Lennon
94. “Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it.”- Woody Allen
95. “I’m extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.”- Margaret Thatcher
96. “What’s another word for thesaurus?”- Thomas Edison
97. “Ambition is not a vice of little people.”- Michel de Montaigne
98. “True love stories never have endings.”- Richard Bach
99. “Do first things first, and second things not at all.”- Peter Drucker
100. “Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.”- Seneca