Soccer quotes that are inspiring and motivating, are synonymous with the sport. The best names in soccer including; Diego Maradona, Pele, Lionel Messi, Christiano Ronaldo etc., have all had unique quotes that have inspired fans and enthusiasts alike.
Introducing such quotes made by idolized soccer stars can help boost the confidence of soccer players. Coaches and players alike should realize that the psychological well being of a team is equally as important as the training the team is engaged in.
However, if you are having a hard time finding the right quotes for your team, here are 100 soccer quotes that are Inspiring and motivating.
Soccer Inspiration Quotes
1. “I do it because I love it and that’s all I care about.” –Lionel Messi.
2. “If you’re attacking, you don’t get as tired as when you’re chasing.” – Kyle Rote, Jr.
3. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.” – Lionel Messi.
4.”You don’t have to have been a horse to be a jockey.” – Arrigo Sacchi.
5. “In his life, a man can change wives, political parties or religions but he cannot change his favourite soccer team.” – Eduardo Hughes Galeano.
6. “I just hate losing and that gives you an extra determination to work harder.” – Wayne Rooney.
7. “Football is the ballet of the masses.” – Dmitri Dmitriyevich Shostakovich.
8. “In football, the worst blindness is only seeing the ball.” – Nelson Falcão Rodrigues.
9. “As a kid, you obviously dream of being a professional footballer. I would watch players like Ronaldo of Brazil and pretend to be him on the playground. But I don’t think about trying to become one of the best in the world or anything like that. I just play football.” – Gareth Bale.
10. “The first 90 minutes are the most important.”– Sir Robert William “Bobby” Robson.
11. “I’m living a dream I never want to wake up from.” – Cristiano Ronaldo.
12. “When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success.” – Diego Maradona.
13. “It is not just about the money, it is about what you achieve on the pitch.” – Ronaldinho.
14. “The secret is to believe in your dreams; in your potential that you can be like your star, keep searching, keep believing and don’t lose faith in yourself.” – Neymar.
15. “I don’t believe skill was, or ever will be, the result of coaches. It is a result of a love affair between the child and the ball.” – Roy Maurice Keane.
16. “I once cried because I had no shoes to play soccer, but one day, I met a man who had no feet.” – Zinedine
17. “I need a life outside of soccer. So I very much welcome, you know, new love interests and dating and friends and family.” – Hope Amelia Solo.
18. “Every time I went away I was deceiving my mum. I’d tell her I was going to school but I’d be out on the street playing football. I always had a ball on my feet. – Ronaldo.
19. “Five days shalt thou labour, as the Bible says. The seventh day is the Lord thy God’s. The sixth day is for football. – John Anthony Burgess Wilson.
20. ” You can’t just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again.” ―Mia Hamm.
Soccer Quotes For Girls
21. “Every single day I wake up and commit to myself to becoming a better player.” ―Mia Hamm.
22. “Pressure is something you feel when you don’t know what the hell you’re doing.” ―Peyton Manning.
23. “Soccer is an art more central to our culture than anything the Arts Council deigns to recognize.” – Germaine Greer.
24. “Every defeat is a victory in itself.” – Francisco Maturana García.
25. “The thing about football…the important thing about football…is that it is not just about football.” – Sir Terence David John “Terry” Pratchett.
26. Every disadvantage has its advantage. – Hendrik Johannes Cruijff.
27. I do not play football, I score goals. – Dario José dos Santos.
28. Every time some spoiled European soccer millionaire complains about the blaring vuvuzelas, I want them to blare louder. – Serge Schmemann.
29. “I’m a rock star because I couldn’t be a soccer star. – Roderick David “Rod” Stewart.
30. “I’ve never tried to hide the fact that it is my intention to become the best.”- Cristiano Ronaldo.
31. “I never promise anything. I don’t promise anything to my mum. I don’t promise anything to the supporters.” Cristiano Ronaldo.
32. “Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence. – Sir Robert “Bobby” Charlton.
33. “The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game.” – William “Bill” Shankly.
34. “Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.” ― Don Shula.
35. “In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.” Arnold H. Glasow.”
36. “Soccer is not just about scoring goals. It’s about winning.” – Unknown Author.
37. “You can learn a line from a win and a book from a defeat.” Paul Brown.
38. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” Vince Lombardi.
39. “Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.
40. I don’t have time for hobbies. At the end of the day, I treat my job as a hobby. It’s something I love doing.” – David Beckham.
Quotes About Soccer
41. “When you win, you don’t get carried away. But if you go step by step, with confidence, you can go far.” Diego Maradona.
42. “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” ―Lou Holtz.
43. “A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.” ―Bill Shankly.
44. “Football is like life – it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.
45. “Don’t give up at half time. Concentrate on winning the second half.”― Paul Bear Bryant.
46. “The same boys who got detention in elementary school for beating the crap out of people are now rewarded for it. They call it football.” ― Laurie Halse Anderson.”
47. “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.” ―Tom Landry.
48. “A winner never stops trying.” ―Tom Landry.
49. “What I learned from directing, I learned from soccer, where it’s like a coach-player relationship.” – Sean Durkin.
50. “This is just the beginning. My dream is not over yet.” – Neymar.
51. “I just like playing with the ball. I always have. I play on the street even now. When we’re on vacation—it doesn’t matter where—I will go and look for a game.” – Neymar.
52. “Whoever invented soccer should be worshipped as a god.” – Hugo Sánchez Márquez.
53. “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” – Pele.
54. “The Enemy of the best is the good. If you’re always settling with what’s good, you’ll never be the best.”
― Jerry Rice.
55. “You’re the only one that can put pressure on yourself… No one else can put pressure on you. It’s self-inflicted. For me, I just want to go out and play football.”
― Maurice Jones-Drew.
56. “I think there are a lot of things that soccer does in the communities that transcend the soccer field.” ― Brandi Denise Chastain.
57. “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” ― Lou Holtz.
58. “You never lose a game if the opponent doesn’t score.” ― Darrell Royal.
59. “People react to criticism in different ways, and my way is definitely to come out fighting.” David Beckham.
60. Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string.” – Pele.
Inspirational Soccer Quotes
61. “Success isn’t determined by how many times you win, but by how you play the week after you lose.” – Pele.
62. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Edson Arantes do Nascimento.
63. “Sometimes in Football, you have to score goals.” ―Thierry Henry.
64. “We don’t even get food for 2 times a day, still I didn’t give up and continued to play football.” ―Luis Suarez.
65. “There is always someone out there getting better than you by training harder than you.” – Pele.
66. “Good luck is a residue of preparation.” ―Jack Young blood.
67. “Aim for the sky and you’ll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you’ll stay on the floor.” ―Bill Shankly.
68. “A football team is a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.” ―Arsène Wenger.
69. “The important thing is to be there, score when needed. It’s better if the goals are beautiful, better still if they are important.” –Wayne Rooney.
70. “My dad always taught me to never be satisfied, to want more and know that what is done is done.” ―Thierry Henry.
71. “In football, you always get judged on your last game. Whoever you are, or how amazing you are, it’s the last game that everyone has seen.”―Thierry Henry.
72. “We should make the most of life, enjoy it because that’s the way it is.”―Cristiano Ronaldo.
73. “Behind every kick of the ball, there has to be a thought.” ―Dennis Bergkamp.
74. “The head talks to the heart and the heart talks to the feet.” – Pele.
75. You just want to keep playing consistently now and keep working hard and I’m sure the goals will come.” ―Wayne Rooney.
76. “Your love makes me strong, your hate makes me unstoppable.” Cristiano Ronaldo.
77. “Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy.” Mike Ditka.
78. “Money does not guarantee success.” ―José Mourinho.
79. “Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.” ―Roy Keane.
80. “The secret to my success is practice!” – David Beckham.
More Soccer Quotes
81. “I have always believed that if you want to achieve anything special in life you have to work, work, and then work some more.” – David Beckham.
82. “I’ll keep doing my training and I’m sure the goals will come.” – Wayne Rooney.
83. “It is better to win ten times 1-0 than to win once 10-0.” – Vahid “Vaha” Halilhodžic’.
84. “The principle is competing against yourself. It’s about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before.”-Steve Young.
85. “If I feel I’m not influencing games, not scoring goals or making goals, then that’s the time I’d pack it in.” Ryan Giggs.
86. “I never dreamed about being a millionaire – I dreamed about being a football player.” ―Victor Cruz.
87. “Losing is not in my vocabulary.” ―Ruud van Nistelrooy.
88. “Good players never want to sit on the bench as substitutes.” ―Marc Overmars.
89. “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.” ―Joe Namath.
90. “I think I’m like wine. The older I get, the better I get.” ―Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
91. “I can play in the 11 positions because a good player can play anywhere on the pitch.” ―Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
92. “The best decisions aren’t made with your mind, but with your Instinct.” ―Lionel Messi.
93. “I was born to play football, just like Beethoven was born to write music and Michelangelo was born to paint.” ―Pele.
94. “I just want people to see me as a hard-working footballer and someone who is passionate about the game.” David Beckham.
95. “Confidence comes out of nowhere.” It’s a result of something…hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.” Roger Staubach.
96. “That’s the mentality – don’t just play it, win it.” ―Luis Suarez.
97. “The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your problems, block your fears, and score your points when you get the opportunity.” ―Lewis Grizzard.
98. “I know what my strengths are and what theirs are and what the three of us do is play for the good of the team.” ―Luis Suarez.
99. “I still have a lot of room for improvement. For example, I want to shoot equally well with both feet.” ―Lionel Messi.
100. “We usually say that you cannot become a legend before death. But I am a living legend.” ―Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
In conclusion, hope you found the right quotes you need to whip your soccer team into shape from the above 100 soccer quotes that are inspiring and motivating.