Have you ever been asked a thought provoking question that gets you deep in thought? Most times, such questions come unexpectedly, making your thoughts run wild to places it never strayed before.
Sometimes, thought provoking questions, serve as a wake-up call to bring us to the realization of something we have been missing or getting wrong in the past. Here are 100 Thought Provoking Questions To Really Get Anyone Thinking Hard
Thought Provoking Questions
1. What is your happiest memory?
2. When was the last time you tried something new?
3. What always makes you laugh?
4. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?
5. If they were president, what would you do?
6. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
7. When did your life change for the better?
8. If you could compete in the Olympics, what sport would you choose?
9. What one thing would you change about our society?
10. What do you think about capital punishment?
11. Why is it so hard to let go? To go with the flow and not be in control of everything.
12. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
13. What are the three “nevers” of your life?
14. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?
15. Which activities make you lose track of time?
16. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?
17. What impact are you wanting to leave on the world?
18. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
19. What do you want to do for a career, and why?
20. What gets you excited about life?
21. At what point are we good enough? When are we self-improved enough to accept ourselves?
22. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?
23. What do you think about first thing in the morning?
24. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?
25. Do you have any regrets in life?
Questions That Are Thought provoking
26. Is revenge sometimes justified?
27. What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
28. Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?
29. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?
30. What is the largest crowd you have ever been in?
31. Do you celebrate the things you do have?
32. What is your biggest best dream here and now?
33. Who do you most respect at work and why?
34. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
35. What makes you smile?
36. Why is Friday 13th considered unlucky, considering that the Last Supper was on Thursday?
37. Who do you depend on the most?
38. Can you describe your life with a six-word sentence? Here’s mine: My heart continually expands in joy.
39. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
40.What is important enough to go to war over?
41. Who inspires you to be a better person?
42. What is the difference between existence and essence?
43. If you think you’re a hypochondriac, then are you one or not?
44. If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?
45. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?
46. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?
47. If you get a beer belly by drinking beer, do you get a pot belly by smoking pot?
48. If you can enjoy yourself, why can’t you enjoy anyone else?
49. What or who motivates you to exercise and be healthy?
50. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?
Deep Thought Provoking Questions
51. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
52. What is your saddest memory?
53. What is the difference between living and existing?
54. What’s your personal heaven?
55. If not now, then when?
56. If you could not work for a year, what would you do?
57. Why does ‘dyslexia’ have to be so hard to spell?
58. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
59. Which is a stronger emotion: anger or love?
60. What does it mean to you to allow another person to fully love you?
61. What does your joy look like today?
62. What would a burger of ham be called?
63. If dawn breaks, does dusk come together?
64. If you could have your own TV show, what would it be?
65. What do we all have in common besides our genes that make us human?
66. When was the last time you listened to the sound of your own breathing?
67. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
68. What is an occasional table the rest of the time?
69. Do news reporters wear pants behind the news desk?
70. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
71. What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?
72. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?
73. Why do we never hear of people coming from ‘left west’ or ‘right east’?
74. If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
75. Can insanity bring on more creativity?
More Thought Provoking Questions
76. Why does religion cause so much war?
77. Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing?
78. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you?
79. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
80. Would you rather be rather wealthy or healthy?
81. What do you want most?
82.Why is your definition of true happiness different from anyone else’s definition of true happiness?
83. What’s something you know you do differently than most people
84. What’s your favorite memory of your childhood best friend?
85. If you could instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would you give?
86. What are you most grateful for?
87. Have you ever performed in front of a crowd? If so, what did you do?
88. If you had your own TV network what would you put on it?
89. Give your 20 favorite songs. Why do you like each one?
90. Why is ‘abbreviation’ such a long word?
91. Why are there seeds in seeded grapes, but no bones in a boned fillet?
92. When people go mental, why do they get physically violent?
93. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
94. Does God believe that there are atheists?
95. If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose?
96. What job would you never want?
97. What’s the funniest place you’ve ever fallen asleep?
98. Who do you love and what are you doing about it?
99. What is your quirkiest habit and how long have you had it?
100. Would you give your life to save someone else’s?
In the end, questions can be intense enough to make you think deeply about life. Hopefully, this article on 100 thought provoking questions get you thinking hard.