It has become a tradition for couples to use a wedding quote or wedding sayings as part of the wedding invitation or maybe during the engagement, so sweet isn’t it?. But choosing a wedding quote is where the task is, you don’t want to spoil the whole wedding arrangement with just a wedding quote, hence we have here some nice wedding sayings for you, we hope you’ll find them interesting.
100 Best Wedding Sayings
1. Together…is a wonderful place to be.
2. Two hearts united, and two shall become as one.
3. The goal of marriage is not to think alike, but to think together.
4. With this ring, I thee wed…
5. To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.~ Lao Tzu
6. Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.~ Roy Goodman
7. There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.
~ Martin Luther
8. Only the complete person can love.
9. Two Bodies, two minds, two spirits, One heart.
10. Marriage is about two people, one who never remembers birthdays, and the other who never forgets.
11. Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.~Albert Einstein
12. I whispered in your ear, and spoke to your heart.
13. Today, our lives become one…(date of marriage)
14. Happiness is being married to my best friend.
15. How lucky that we two should beet and make each other’s life complete!
16.Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be.
17. You helped me open the music to my heart.
18. Two hearts, two rings, one love, eternal happiness.
19. Treasuring all the moments we’ve shared…all the memories we’ve made.
20. A new beginning full of promise and a chance to make dreams come true.
21. “(We) are joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords.” — The Princess Bride
22. “This is true love — you think this happens every day?” — The Princess Bride
23. “Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever, and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you.” — Meet Joe Black
24. “This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime.” — The Bridges of Madison County
25. “You are what I never knew I always wanted.” — Fools Rush In
26. “True love lasts a lifetime.” — Love Actually
27. A marriage may be made in Heaven. But the maintenance is done on earth.
28. Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After, the ‘y’ is dropped…
29. Sometimes I wake up grumpy, other times I let him sleep!
30. Success in marriage is more than finding the right person…it’s becoming the right person.
See Also: 100 Redneck Sayings
31. The goal of marriage is not to think alike but to think together.
32. “It’s the saddest part of my day, leaving you.” — Love Actually
33. “There are only four questions of value in life: What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for?
34. What is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: Only love.”– Don Juan DeMarco
35. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.” — Good Will Hunting
36. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” — Moulin Rouge
37. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” ~ Nora Ephron
38. “A long marriage is two people trying to dance a duet and two solos at the same time.” ~ Anne Taylor Fleming
39. Love is an energy, which that exists of itself. It is its own value.
40. Where there is great love there are always miracles.
41. Until I loved, I was a child.
42. I wish to believe in immortality …I wish to live with you forever.
43. I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
44. This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, and love.
45. What therefore God has joined together let no man separate. Mark 10:9
46. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
47. “Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.” ~ Amy Bloom
48. “All weddings are similar, but every marriage is different.” ~ John Berger
49. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” ~ Mignon McLaughlin
50. “People shop for a bathing suit with more care than they do a husband or wife. The rules are the same. Look for something you’ll feel comfortable wearing. Allow for room to grow.” ~ Erma Bombeck
Cool Wedding Sayings
51. Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.
52. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.~ David Viscott
53. Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
54. There is no remedy for love but to love more.~ Henry David Thoreau
55. Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.~ Jean Anouilh
56. Women have their faults, men have only two: everything they say and everything they do.
57. A man in incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished.
See Also: 100 British Sayings and Slangs
58. True love is a durable fire in the mind ever burning.
59. Love knows no rule. Love is ever the beginning of knowledge, as fire is of light.
60. Married love between man and woman is bigger than oaths guarded by right of nature.- Aeschylus
61. In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self.- William Penn
62. A good marriage is that in which each appoints the other guardian of his solitude. – Rainer Maria Rilke
63. There is no such cozy combination as man and wife. – Menander
64. Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.
65. Love and you shall be loved.
66. Love keeps the cold out better than a cloak.
67. Loves conquers all
68. Only a life lived for another is worthwhile.
69. How vast a memory has love!
70. Love like ours can never die!
71. Love is an attempt to change a piece of a dream world into reality.
72. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
73. We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!
74. “Love seems the swiftest but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” ~ Mark Twain
75. As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take which course he will, he will be sure to repent. – Socrates
76. In all of the wedding cake, hope is the sweetest of plums. – Douglas Jerrold
77. One should believe in marriage as in the immortality of the soul. – Honore de Balzac
78. “Don’t marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can’t live without.” ~ James C. Dobson
79. An ideal wife is any woman who has an ideal husband. – Booth Tarkington
80. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. – Friedrich Nietzsche
81. Never trust a husband too far, nor a bachelor too near. – Georg C. Lichtenberg
82. If you are afraid of loneliness, don’t marry. – Chekhov
83. A woman may very well form a friendship with a man, but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy. – Nietzsche
84. Only choose in marriage a man whom you would choose as a friend if he were a woman – Joseph Joubert
85. Never strike your wife – even with a flower.- Hindu Proverb
86. Never marry for money. Ye’ll borrow it cheaper – Scottish Proverb
87. I first learned the concepts of non-violence in my marriage – Mohandas Gandhi
88. When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why – Author Unknown
89. Marriage is like a pair of shears Oft times working in opposite directions, but punishing anyone that comes between them – Sydney Smith
90. He’s the kind of man a woman would have to marry to get rid of – Mae West
91. No man is regular in his attendance at the House of Commons until he is married – Benjamin Disraeli
92. Marriage is the institution where the woman loses her the name and the man his solvency – Anonymous
93. In matrimony, to hesitate is sometimes to be saved.- Samuel Butler
94. Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards.- Benjamin Franklin
95. Choose a wife by your ear than your eye.- Thomas Fuller
96. Marriage is like a cage; one sees the birds outside desperate to get in, and those inside desperate to get out.
– Michel de Montaigne
97. The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes. – Amy Grant
98. What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility. – Leo Tolstoy
99. Love: Two minds without a single thought.
100. ‘A man in the house is worth two in the street.~ Mae West
See Also: 100 Best Christian Sayings