Having a useful and interesting conversation with people, be it a group of friends, colleagues, or family members, can be both fulfilling and a great way to pass the time. While we already know that everyone’s sense of humor differs, weird questions are inevitable when you are around other people. Bearing in mind that we are all weird but unique in many ways, you never know your weird side might keep you at the top of your game when you run out of things to talk about.
Weird questions are undoubtedly unique in ways more than one, and they change the views from which people see things, turning a dull outing into a more fantastic experience. Being yourself is important, bearing in mind that these questions can sometimes go the wrong way. When you are yourself, people will like you, and your uniqueness will always draw people to you.
Whether you are hanging out with your crush or organizing a game night, these weird questions are a sure bet to lighten up gatherings and make people have fun to the fullest. Whether children, youths, and adults, anyone can be asked these questions because they set the stage for more intimate, enjoyable, and fulfilling relationships between people.
Having said that, if you are thinking of ways to make your next outing fun and memorable, asking weird questions can be a way to go. So when you run out of things to talk about, get goofy with our list of weird questions to ask people and be sure to have a good time.
Weirdest Questions to Ask People to Keep a Conversation Going
1. They say man developed from monkeys, but why do we still have monkeys?
What an interesting thing to talk about, “how man evolved.” Although humans didn’t evolve from monkeys, they share a common ancestor when they evolved about 25 million years ago.
2. While driving, why do you see everyone driving faster than you as an idiot and those you are faster than a moron?
Many consider being a moron very, while they see being an idiot as more exhausting. Even in politics, conservatives are usually regarded as morons while liberals are called idiots because morons usually accept and obey norms without thinking about how and why they exist; that’s why they often stay on the slow lane.
3. If bald people work in a restaurant, does it mean they have to put on a hairnet?
There is no definitive way of ruling this because the standard state in the food industry is that head covering should always be worn, and a bald person could wear a covering unless management insists on a hairnet.
4. What age would you consider as your favorite so far?
This can be a tough question for someone to answer, but it could also be an interesting way to keep the conversation because everyone might have had good and bad experiences at a particular age in life.
5. On a typical working day, when do you usually go to bed?
Generally, we are recommended to sleep between 8 pm and midnight. However, some people who work for longer hours, especially those on the night shift, may not have a regular bedtime. And yes, this could break the ice and even give more insight into someone’s bedtime routine.
6. Is it wise for someone to park his car close to a fire hydrant, even their car is on fire?
Vehicles owned by firefighters can park next to a fire hydrant, though they are clearly marked, showing they are with a fire agency. Asking this question would certainly fetch funny and unexpected answers.
7. Would it be cool to say that the opposite of progress is congress since the opposite of pro is con?
Sounds weird, right? Obviously, the argument is that since pro and con are opposite prefixes, therefore, progress should be the opposite of congress. Though it sounds weird, one can only marvel at the kind of answers they would get from this logical question.
8. When you visit the pawnshop, is it possible to buy an entire chess set there?
Knowing that a pawn shop is usually created to give loans in exchange for collateral, it could be weird to discover if one can get a chess set at a pawn shop. Although it’s one of the weird questions to ask people, the answer might be quite interesting, especially if they have visited the pawnshop before.
9. At the beach, would you rather play in the sand or play in the water?
Whether it is going to the beach or bringing the beach back home, this can be an entertaining thing to do, especially for kids. However, adults would rather enjoy playing in the water when it is summer than the sands. Who knows? Asking this question might get the person to share fun childhood memories.
10. What is the most distant place you’ve visited (from your home)?
If one is an adventurer, this question can trigger many things, including talks about places they have visited worldwide. However, no matter far one can go, it can’t be more than 7,926 miles, which is the Earth’s diameter at the equator and 12,450 miles across lands unless they want to leave the Earth.
11. What was the content of the last text message you sent on your phone?
This kind of question can be quite astonishing when popped out of the blue. It could either go the right or the wrong way, depending on who they are. If it’s your crush, whom you are just getting to meet for the first time, you might want to laugh it off to avoid unusual drama, but with friends, anything can go.
Crazy Questions to Ask People If You Want them to Talk
12. If ghosts can walk through walls and glide downstairs, why don’t they fall through the floor?
You know ghosts can walk through walls and glide downstairs, but when it comes to falling on the floor, they don’t have physical bodies, and as such, they are not subject to the law of physics. Well, you might also get other weird answers to such questions, but this is undoubtedly going to get everyone talking.
13. Should those who go fishing eat the fish they catch or just let them go?
Well, fish is a healthy diet, and many fish are edible if they are well prepared. Although sometimes a trout will swallow the hook so much that the wound would be fatal, one can choose to eat it or feed it to the birds.
14. If milk goes bad if not refrigerated, why does it not go bad inside the cow?
This question can be swift to test one’s smartness, knowing that milk also goes bad inside the cow just as it is with the refrigerator. If a cow is not milked regularly, the mammary glands get reduced and might stop subsequent milk production and eventually dries off.
15. When Atheists go to court, do they have to swear on the Bible?
While the Bible is peculiar to Christians, other faiths can also take the oath on other books. For instance, Muslims swear on the Koran and Jews swear on the Old Testament, while Atheists are also allowed to solemnly, honestly, and sincerely affirm instead of swearing.
16. Who would you just like to punch in the face?
We all might have met an annoying person at some point, be it a bully or someone who is consciously annoying. Asking this question would get them talking about that one person that always gets on their nerves, though they may not have the power to do anything to them.
17. What is the toughest decision you have ever made?
Everyone has made one or two tough decisions in life, and while some might find it interesting to talk about their choices, it may be something that brings either good or bad memories to others; thus, they wouldn’t want to talk about them. Whichever one it is, be sure to also tell them about such decisions you have made in life.
18. How often do you check out yourself in the mirror every day?
This question may not be so relevant to guys, but the ladies. Studies have shown that an average lady probably looks at the mirror at least eight times a day. However, most women never left the house without having, at least, a portable mirror of some sort in their bags. This can help you find out more about their interest in their beauty and looks.
19. If money doesn’t grow on trees, why then do banks have branches?
While money doesn’t grow on trees, it also doesn’t grow on banks either, so that they can have branches. Interestingly, banks have branches, so you don’t always have to go to their main branch for a transaction. In some cases, however, their main branch will be very close to you.
20. When kids refuse to take a nap, does it mean they are resisting a rest?
This is undoubtedly one of the funniest weird and baby humor questions to ask to keep a conversation going because the answer you would get might get to leave your ribs cracking with uncontrollable laughter. Perhaps you can try throwing in the question in a room with lots of pregnant women and see what happens.
Funny but Weird Questions to Ask People
21. If allowed to be an opposite-sex just for a day, how will your looks be, and what would you do?
Sometimes one wishes they can be the opposite gender at some point. However, they forget that each gender comes with its own perks, and asking one such question will help you to know who their idol or role model in the opposite gender is, and there is no greater fun than hearing how they would look and things they would do because these answers will leave you amazed.
22. Why aren’t drapes double-sided, so it looks nice on the inside and outside of your home?
Apart from the entrance door, the better side of a curtain is usually inside of the room. Only if they are good at interior decoration will one be able to answer this question correctly, and who knows? They might be more creative than you can imagine.
23. If you were a Hogwarts student, which teacher would you rather have from the choices given?
Hogwarts is the school of wizardry in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter book series. For someone who is a fan or has perhaps watched Harry Potter movies, this would be an interesting topic to dive into to keep the conversation going.
24. What is that if you can change its color, then it will become so much better?
This can be an excellent topic of discussion. For instance, what if you could change everyone’s skin color to help fight racism? You will be shocked to find out when light-skinned people have their skin color changed to a darker tone.
25. Is there a word like “dictionary” in the dictionary?
We all know that the dictionary is a book that contains all the words in one language or another. With each passing year, new inputs are made to the dictionary, and what could sound more interesting than finding out if “dictionary” can be found in the dictionary. This could get funny and interesting answers.
26. Given the opportunity to choose between a million dollars and having the ability to fly, which would you choose?
Everyone has the power to choose whatever they want. Though it may not be expected, the response you get from asking this question can help you understand their views and make life choices.
27. If glassblowers inhale, do they get a pane in the stomach?
Although it can be physically impossible, asking this question could lead to more thought-provoking and creative answers.
28. We always heard partly cloudy, but when do we start hearing partly sunny?
What a tricky question to ask someone; since it is a weather forecast, it will always be under probability, but you may get really creative answers from them.
29. What part of the kids’ movie scared you completely?
Being a child could be somewhat challenging as sometimes you’d go to the movies hoping to see a scary movie and end up not being scared. Asking such questions will surely bring up lots of childhood memories and will definitely get everyone talking.
30. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever worn?
Everyone has one or more childhood memories, and asking this question can take you on a long ride through the memory lane. You can also find out their fond memories and be sure to also share yours with them.
31. Can a short person “talk down” to a taller person?
Literally, everyone talks down on people at some point in life to make the other person feel dumb. And in some cases, a short person can actually be smarter than someone tall, which can lead to talking down on them.
How About Some Oddly Strange Questions?
32. If someone is running at maximum speed, is it possible to hear his iPod still?
Despite the speed at which a jogger runs, the iPod is usually moving along with the jogger, and the sound produced in the headphones will definitely reach the jogger’s ears. This is quite a logical question that can show how intelligent someone is.
33. What is the weirdest thing you’ve done at your friend’s house?
Some crazy things are better done with friends, especially while you’re still young enough to get away with them. However, there are some things that you never want to look back at and say you did them. This question would get them talking about weird things they have done. To make it more fun, you should also talk about your crazy moments as well.
34. If you are asked to choose who would be your slave for a day, who will you choose, and what would they have to do?
Undoubtedly, this is one of the weird questions to ask people, especially when you are with a group of friends. Although you may not anticipate the answer one can give, this could crack up the room and get everyone laughing as this question is expected to go around and not just for one person.
35. Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round?
Sandwich meat is typically round because there are no square parts of an animal. Sausages, on the other hand, are usually stuffed into natural casings, which are generally round.
36. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
Choosing transportation mode is a personal thing, and for someone who has been on air, land, and sea transports, it will be more effortless for them to tell their most favorite and their least favorite based on their experiences. This question will help determine if they have natural fear for a particular transportation mode and might not want to try it out.
37. Given the opportunity to be born as a famous person, who will you be and why?
We wish we had met so many people before they died, and this question will definitely get someone talking about either their favorite celebrity or inventor and why they would want to meet them. For instance, one may want to be Albert Einstein because of his exploits in the field of physics and his numerous inventions.
38. Have you ever danced in the rain?
Dancing in the rain could be really a fun and memorable thing to do. The raindrops can create a stunning atmosphere, and if they are your crush, you might try this out sometime.
39. If not called peanut butter, what will be its name?
Peanut butter usually has a texture similar to regular butter and can easily be spread with a knife. When heated, it can also melt into a liquid, and it has a lot of lipid content, just that it’s made of peanut oil and not milk fat. Hence, it can be called peanut paste.
40. If you are bald, what hair color do they put on your driver’s license?
Really one of the tricky and weird questions to ask people, which would leave them wondering. We all know driving licenses haven’t really listed hair colors for so many years; however, some hair colors are acceptable in some states or countries if they do now. They include blonde, brown, black, gray or bald, and red.
41. If an ambulance dispatched to save someone runs someone over, does it stop to help them?
When an already dispatched ambulance runs someone over, the most likely thing would be for another ambulance to be sent to attend to their original call. Simultaneously, they will send another one to the accident scene to help and treat those injured. Asking this question would bring up really thought-provoking answers, which will surely keep everyone talking.
42. On a movie night out with your partner, who is more likely to sleep off during a movie?
This could be really an exciting topic that can keep a conversation going. Falling asleep during a movie could be really common, and women are more likely to get tired on time more than men. It can also be due to how cool or hot the place is, knowing that a cool temperature always helps the nerves relax.
43. What are the two things you consider normal, but they become weird when you do them repeatedly?
It could actually be weird when you find yourself repeating one thing over and over. For instance, it can be weird when you dress up for work in your PJs and a tie or dressing in your birthday suit and then going to bed in the morning, only to wake up in the night to have breakfast. This could really be weird but funny at the same time.
44. If you found yourself on a beautiful island where you can build a society of your own and make the rules, what will be your first rule?
This could lead to a more interactive conversation, getting to know one’s view on the changes they desire and their plans to turn them into reality when given the opportunity. However, you can get to find out about their personality and views about leadership.