Here, we bring you wise sayings from Chartcons, an extensive collection of inspirational, motivational and funny quotations by famous authors, celebrities and scholars
Wisdom is profitable to the wise and in all you get, you must try and get wisdom. In life, we are faced with different choices to make at different times, sometimes it is confusing to determine which choice to make, but a man of wisdom always makes good choices and seldom makes mistakes. Here are some good wise sayings for you.
A Collection of Old and New Wise Sayings
1. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln
2. “The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.” John C. Maxwell
3. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” Soren Kierkegaard
4. “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” Wayne Dyer
5. Adolescence: When youth assumes the responsibility for answering the phone.
6. Adult education often begins with a teenage marriage.
7. Alimony is sometimes known as bounty on the mutiny.
8. Alimony is the high cost of leaving.
9. All children, even those who don’t deserve it, need love.
10. All people are equal but it’s what they’re equal to that counts.10.
11. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
12. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” Mahatma Gandhi
13. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” Confucius
14. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” Dalai Lama
15. “There are three constants in life…change, choice and principles.” Stephen Covey
16. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” Lou Holtz
17. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” William James
18. “The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” Scott Hamilton
19. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?” Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them–that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” Lao Tzu
21. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” John F. Kennedy
22. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” Albert Einstein
23. “When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor.” Eleanor Roosevelt
24. “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” Voltaire
25. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
26. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” Maya Angelou
28. “Once you say you’re going to settle for second, that’s what happens to you in life.” John F. Kennedy
29. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” Vince Lombardi
30. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.” Brian Tracy
31. “Today is life–the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.” Dale Carnegie
32. “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” Tony Robbins
33. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” Robert Frost
34. “There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” Nelson Mandela
35. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” Jim Rohn
36. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan
37. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” Oprah Winfrey
38. “Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.” C. S. Lewis
39. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” Henry Ford
40. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas A. Edison
41. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” Amelia Earhart
42. A person with a green thumb seldom paints a town red.
43. A gossip is one who keeps a swivel tongue in her head.
44. A kiss is a contraction of the mouth due to an enlargement of the heart.
45. A lawyer is one who is summoned when a felon needs a friend.
46. A lot of happiness is overlooked because it doesn’t cost anything.
47. One person cannot hold another person down without stooping.
48. “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” Eleanor Roosevelt
49. “Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible: the fear of failure.” Paulo Coelho
50. “Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.” Thomas Jefferson
More Inspiring Wise Sayings
51. “We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
52. “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.” Les Brown
53. “Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.” Helen Keller
54. “The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.” Aristotle
56. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” Elbert Hubbard
57. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” Billy Graham
58. “Each person must live their life as a model for others.” Rosa Parks
59. A fool empties his head every time he opens his mouth.
60. A friend is one who knows all about you and loves you just the same.
61. A friend who is not in need could be a friend indeed.
62. A girl who is free for the evening could be very expensive.
63. All the world loves a lover–unless waiting for the phone he’s using.
64. All too often a clear conscience is merely the result of a bad memory.
65. “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose–somehow we win out.” Ronald Reagan
66. “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.” Vivian Komori
67. A diplomat is one who can bring home the bacon without spilling the beans.
68. A dog has many friends because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
69. A dogmatic person always has concrete opinions thoroughly mixed and permanently set.
70. A false friend and a shadow attend only when the sun shines.
71. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
72. A first grade teacher is one who knows how to make little things count.
73. A folk singer is a person who gets rich singing about how wonderful it is to be poor.
74. All too often you read the directions only to find out what you did wrong.
75. Almost invariably a successful man appears simple but is very wise.
76. A good example of give and take is to take pains to give happiness.
77. A good father, finding his son on the wrong track, will provide switching facilities.
78. A good idea that is shared with others will live forever.
79. A good listener is not only popular, but he learns while he listens.
80. A good reputation is precious, but a good character is priceless.
81. A good salesman is one who convinces his wife she looks fat in a fur coat.
82. A gossip is one who has a sense of rumor.
83. A mere suggestion, when made by the boss, often assumes the importance of a command.
84. A mysterious envelope will be mailed to you with a little window in it. Pay it.
85. A perfect example of minority rule is a baby in the house.
86. A person who shows promise has learned how to keep them.
87. A person is not rewarded for having brains, but only for using them.
88. You soon learn how little you know when a child begins to ask questions.
89. A man too often shows his worst side to his better half.
90. A person who cannot lead and will not follow invariable obstructs.
91. If you are contented with what you have done, you will never reach your potential.
92. If you are in love with yourself, you will never have many rivals.
93. A person who is wrong but won’t admit it often gets angry.
94. Your character is measured by what you would do if you knew you wouldn’t be found out.
95. A philosopher is a man who knows exactly what to do until it happens to him.
96. A practical nurse is one who marries a wealthy patient.
97. A rabbit’s foot is a poor substitute for horse sense.
98. A raving beauty is a girl who finished second in a beauty contest.
99. A shady business never results in a sunny life.
100. A sick man who takes a turn for the nurse is getting better.