Meeting someone and getting to know them can either be very fun or very awkward. The awkward path can easily be avoided if you choose fun and easy going get to know you questions.
These get to know you questions help fast-track the friendship and/or relationship forward because it lets you know as much as you want to know about an individual in a few short minutes. To help with that, here are some questions that could help you out:
Getting To Know You Questions
1. Who is your hero?
2. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
3. What three things do you think of the most each day?
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
5. Who is your favorite author?
6. What was your first job?
7. Is your glass half full or half empty?
8. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be?
9. What is your favorite book to read?
10. What is your favorite thing about your job?
11. Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest?
12. What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most?
13. How many languages do you speak?
14. What is one thing you will never do again?
15. What are your hobbies?
16. What job do you think you’d be really good at?
17. Where do you see yourself in five years?
18. What would you do if you won the lottery?
19. Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken?
20. What do you do to keep fit?
21. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house?
22. What song would you say best sums you up?
23. What’s the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?
24. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
25. What’s your favorite family tradition?
26. What is your biggest fear?
27. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
28. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
29. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
30. Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken?
31. What is the best gift you have been given?
32. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
33. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
34. What would you sing at Karaoke night?
35. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?
36. If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
37. Have you ever had a surprise party? (that was an actual surprise)
38. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
39. What did you want to be when you were small?
40. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Funny Get To Know You Questions
41. Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
42. If you were a musical instrument, which one would you be?
43. What is the oldest thing in your refrigerator?
44. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
45. Have you ever broken anyone’s heart?
46. Have you ever had a poem or a song written about you?
47. What was your childhood nickname?
48. What was the worst punishment you received at school?
49. Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to?
50. What skill would you like to master?
51. What songs have you completely memorized?
52. Which storybook/cartoon character turns you on the most?
53. Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished?
54. Do you have any strange phobias?
55. if you ever get famous, what would be your claim to fame?
56. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
57. If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?
58. What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted?
59. What is the one thing that all of your love-interests have had in common?
60. What’s the strangest talent you have?
61. What state or country do you never want to go back to?
62. What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
63. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
64. What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
65. Where and when did you have your first kiss?
67. What age do you wish you could permanently be?
68. What’s your favorite flavor of Pringles?
69. What pets did you have while you were growing up?
70. What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
71. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
72. What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
73. Are you usually early or late?
74. What are the three things still left on your bucket list?
75. What is your favorite cereal?
76. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
77. When did you accept a dare that you later regretted?
78. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall – over or under?
79. What do you wish you knew more about?
80. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
Good Get To Know You Questions
81. What fictional place would you most like to go?
82. What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?
83. If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?
84. What takes up too much of your time?
85. What’s the best single day on the calendar?
86. What’s worth spending more on to get the best?
87. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
88. What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again?
90. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
91. What’s the best way to start the day?
92. What is special about the place you grew up?
93. What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
94. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
95. What is the most impressive thing you know how to do?
96. What website do you visit most often?
97. What are some small things that make your day better?
98. There are two types of people in this world. What are the two types?
99. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
100. What is the strangest thing you have come across?
101. What do you hope never changes?
102. What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of?
103. What stereotype do you completely live up to
104. How often do you people watch?
105. What would you do if you knew you were going to die in one hour?
106. What did you think you would grow out of but haven’t?
107. What was the best compliment you’ve received?
108. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make?
109. What one thing do you really want but can’t afford?
110. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
111. What are some of the events in your life that made you who you are?
112. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
113. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done that actually turned out pretty well?
114. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
115. If you could convince everyone in the world to do one thing at one point in time, what would that thing be?
116. What is the one thing you are absolutely determined to do?
117. What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
118. If you were the dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
119. What was the best book or series that you’ve ever read?
120. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?