When you have a sick loved one or family member, one of the things we ought to do is to wish them speedy recovery by sending a get well soon message across to them. But more often than not, conveying our thoughts with the right words might seem more difficult than is apparent. Therefore, we have compiled these inspirational gets well soon messages to convey your best wishes and thoughts to your loved ones. Some of the quotes are also funny and are sure to crack up the sick person. Ultimately, it will speed up the person’s recovery process.
Inspirational Get Well Soon Quotes For Your Kit And Kin
Never leave a sick family member feeling like they are all alone in the world when they are sick. When you reassure them that you care for them, still love them, and will be with them till they recover, you will indirectly be speeding up their recovery process. With this inspirational get well soon quotes below, you can tell your kit and kin how much you love them.
- “The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh; it pushes matter around. Throughout history, “tender loving care” has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing.” – Larry Dossey.
Send this quote with an additional I, or we love you. Indeed, love is the greatest gift you all share as a family.
2. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote which is often mentioned about life challenges is equally applicable to sick people. It doesn’t matter how often one falls sick as it is part of human nature.
3. May God protects you from all the illness and bless you with good health. Get well soon, dear.” — Unknown
This quote is ideal for greeting your sick family member in the morning; it is a prayer and a wish which lets them know you have him/her at heart.
4. “Seeing you in that hospital gown breaks my heart. May God take away all your pain. Get well soon.” – Unknown.
Admitting that you’re heartbroken about your sick family member will probably make the person teary, but at the same time, we are all human.
5. We know you will overcome this kind of situation. There is nothing we ever wanted right now but your healing and fast recovery. Get better soon! – Unknown.
Yes, encourage him/her to be strong and look forward to recovering no matter how long the person has been down. It is always good to renew his or her hope.
6. “I woke up this morning feeling empty; not having you around is just so lonely. Wishing you a speedy recovery!” — Unknown
Loneliness is an emotion that is complex yet universal. It is more especially prominent when a loved one is away from you for one reason or the other. Opening up to your loved one that you miss the person might him or her might cause tears to come rolling down, but at the same time, encourage the person and wish a speedy recovery.
7. “You will surely be in my thoughts and prayers as you recover.” – Unknown.
Inspire your sick loved ones to stay strong with this quote, especially if they will have some surgical operation performed on them.
8. “You have a lot to achieve to lead a successful life ahead, get well soon, and start working on your dreams.” – Unknown.
We should always imbibe the habit of encouraging our sick kit and kin to look beyond their sickness and remember all their life dreams.
9. “You are stronger than any disease and illness, so when I think of your future, I can only imagine you with a big smile and full of energy. Take care!” – Unknown.
The future is bright; encourage your sick loved one to look beyond his or her present predicament and look forward to a sickness-free future.
10. “Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit” — Bernard Williams.
Well-being, optimism, and positive psychology are all intertwined in resilience; they make an individual resilient.
11. “My heart feels empty without your presence, and I miss you very badly. Get well soon.” — Unknown.
It does hurt deeply to feel lonely, more so when the person you are missing can’t do anything about it due to sickness.
12. “I was thinking of you last night. Hoping that you are well taken care of by your doctors. I cannot wait to see you again. Get better soon!” – Unknown.
It is important to remind a sick person that you are looking forward to their recovery always. No matter how debilitating their sickness may be, keep hope alive.
13. “I will be there with you, always providing strength, support, and love for your fastest recovery. Get well soon, dear.” — Unknown
Good get well prayers/wishes like this will constantly inspire strength for any of your loved ones who is sick. It is an ideal good morning get well soon message.
14. “You will get the strength to fight back your sufferings by holding on to the bond of our love tightly. Get healed quickly.” — Unknown
When all hope is probably lost, the love that unites you all as a family still stands strong, and nothing should ever change it or make it waver.
15. “Get well soon, and together, we shall continue to find happiness.” – Unkown
Try as much as possible to remind the sick person of the fun things you guys spiced up your lives with, and no matter how debilitating the sickness is, it will make him/her feel some relief.
16. “To ease healing for your sufferings, I am sending my warm hugs, love, and support. They will surely cure you quickly, dear.” — Unknown
Love and lots of it, in addition to hugs and support, whether virtual or real, are all some of the things we share in common in our families. When a family member is sick and away, remind them of the things you shared to set the person’s mind at ease.
17. “For a person as active as you, it’s not easy to rest, but try to relax, and everything will be fine very quickly. Rest, and I wish you a speedy recovery! ” — Unknown.
You can downplay how serious the sickness is by terming it a sort of resting period for your loved one, especially when they don’t know the diagnosis already. It will inspire them to set their mind on recovery and have a positive attitude towards the sickness.
18. “I am surrounded by emptiness, and I am eagerly waiting for you to fill it up with your love and warm hugs. Get well soon, love. I miss you.” — Unknown
Remind your sick family member of the important role they used to play in your life and how it has been void since the sickness started. It might make him/her teary, but at the same time, you are letting the person know the special role he/she plays in your life.
19. “There is one consolation in being sick, and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before” – Henry David Thoreau
When you have got a sick family, it is ideal that you don’t dwell so much on the past but focus on the future. Encourage the sick person that he or she will recover feeling much better.
20. “Just like our love has conquered all the negativity of this world, it will surely conquer your disease. Get well soon.” — Unknown
It is easy to say I love my family members, but love means more than just saying it. When your family member is away and sick, remind the person how strong the love is that binds your family together.
Get Well Soon Quotes For a Friend or Loved One
People who are sick and/or recovering sometimes need words of encouragement and inspiration to make a whole lot of difference in their health. In reality, the quotes below are not just words but a special kind of food that will nourish their minds as they reflect on the quotes. So do you have someone sick or recovering? Speed up his/her recovery with any or all of these specially picked quotes.
21. “This too shall pass.” – Persian Sufi Poets
When the going gets tough, the tough get going, so no matter how long your loved one has been sick or slow in recovering, encourage him or her that the sickness too shall pass away.
22. “Although the world is full of suffering, it’s full also of overcoming it.” – Hellen Keller.
Just like the quote above it, this quote by American author, disability rights advocate, political activist, and lecturer – Hellen Keller, is a healer on its own. It is forward-looking and will greatly encourage your sick loved one to look forward to his or her recovery.
23. “You never know how much they care until you are under the weather” – C. Kohler.
This quote is a spirit uplifter; use it to remind your sick loved one how much those at home/work care for his/her well-being despite being away. It works like magic, especially when they just visited the sick person.
24. “There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.” – Orison Swett Marden.
Hope, the expectation of something (good) to happen, is the foundation of many bad situations that are turned around for good. No wonder Orison opined in this quote that there is nothing as powerful as it is.
25. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles R. Swendoll.
Having a positive mindset has the benefits of increasing one’s life span, lowering depression, stress levels, better psychological and physical well-being, good cardiovascular health, etc. You must remind your sick loved one that with a positive mindset, he or she will recover fast.
See Also: Perseverance Quotes About Not Giving Up
26. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You must remind your sick loved ones what they are capable of, especially when they seem to be dwelling so much in the past and present.
27. “It isn’t always easy, but when you’re not feeling well – hope it helps to know others are thinking of you – and hoping that you’ll be better very soon. Take good care of yourself.” – Unknown.
This reminds the sick person that the world has not left them behind, especially those that matter most to the person. The quote is reassuring and comforting and gets the sick person thinking of when they will be well again.
28. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
This quote from one of America’s foremost presidents is truly inspiring, considering that Theodore overcame many things while growing up before he emerged as America’s president at the time. He was a sickly child and suffered from debilitating asthma, so your loved one’s sickness shall pass away if he/she believes.
29. “Fear knocked on my door. I opened it, and there was nobody there.” — Unknown
Is your sick friend or family member afraid? Reassure him or her that fear is nothing.
30. “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish He didn’t trust me so much” – Mother Theresa
This get well soon quote is somewhat teary; in the ending, it sounds almost as if you’re tired and giving up on your sick loved one, but at the same time, you are reminding the sick person of the omnipotence of God and his ability to know all things.
31. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
If perceived as a failure, Sickness can happen to anyone; however, how we perceive it, either as an individual or group, is what is important. We all fail/fall sick at some point, so it’s a good thing to remind your sick loved one that their rising is sure to come.
32. “I am heartbroken to learn of your ill health! I wish you a speedy recovery so we can enjoy our lives together. Feel better soon.” – Unknown
One quick way to feel good about oneself when sick is to remember how pleasant one’s life was before the sickness. So sending this message to your sick loved one will surely make them smile and remember the good old days they will soon get back to.
33. “Be strong because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever.” – Unknown
It doesn’t matter how long your loved one has been sick because it won’t last forever. By constantly reminding a sick person that they will get up soon and be fine, such a person will be optimistic every day.
34. “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” – Hubert Humphrey
Yes, indeed, that is the greatest healing therapy, and by reminding your sick loved one or friend about this, he or she will know that you will be right there till their recovery.
35. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
No matter what has happened in the past, it remains in the past, and if we worry about the future because of what happened in the past, it will ultimately bring us suffering, so we should focus on the present.
Read These – Greatest Quotes About Being Happy
36. “A bowl of warmth, a soft face, a new day. Some get-well thoughts sent your way. Feel better soon.” – Unknown
This message is ideal for starting a sick person’s day. It will put the person’s mind at ease and set a warm outlook for their day.
37. “Look outside – the sun is shining and spurring you on to get well!” – Unknown
Send this message as a greeting get well soon message for your sick loved one, and just may you will have them coming home well and strong by evening. Just maybe.
38. “Recovery is hard work – but you’re not alone. Not a day goes by that you aren’t thought of and wished well.” — Unknown
It is heartwarming when you remind a sick person that they have got a lot of people looking forward to their recovery.
39. “The best of healers is good cheer.” — Pindus
Having a good cheer can help one combat stress, boost the immune system, protect one’s heat, reduce pain, etc.
40. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional” – M. Kathleen Casey
Pain is part of what we go through in life, but suffering isn’t part of life; it is what we do to ourselves.
Funny Get Well Soon Quotes For Those You Love
Indeed, laughter is strong medicine and has been scientifically proven to have lots of health benefits. Laughter releases endorphin (our homegrown feel-good chemicals), has an effect that works as an antidepressant, protects our heart, and does many other things that are beneficial for a sick and healthy person. So when you make your sick loved one laugh, you are speeding up their rate of recovery.
41. “I may not be a doctor… but they do say that duct tape fixes everything!” — Unknown
This is a funny get well soon message that is sure to crack up anyone you send it to, especially someone recovering from an accident. Well, duct tape doesn’t fix everything anyway, not even the human body.
42. “Get well soon and come back. We are all waiting to know how hospital food tastes like.” — Unknown
Has he or she stayed in the hospital for way too long that you all thought it would take? Then it’s time to add some humor to it and remind your friend that you’re all waiting for his or her return.
43. “Everyone is praying for you, including the baby in my womb. He/she has been kicking a lot these days. Get well soon.” — Unknown
This message is not only humorous but is sure to make your sick friend feel a lot better. Many of us love babies, and the thought of a newborn baby is something many folks cherish.
44. “Missing you in work, you owe us 10 drink rounds, 2 birthday messages, 3 collections, and cakes.” — Unknown
Remind your sick buddy that you still have him in your mind and your workplace hasn’t been the same without him/her. It is also not all about work; remind him/her of the fun memories you all had during or outside work hours.
45. “Please get well soon, so I find you attractive again.” — Unknown
This works best, especially when your sick friend or family member wasn’t looking any good when you last saw him or her. So it’s a funny way to tell them you weren’t impressed on your last visit, so he/she should get well soon.
46. “Sorry you had to eat hospital food.” — Unknown
It’s a subtle yet funny way to remind your sick buddy how a home or restaurant-cooked food is better than hospital food. If the sick person is a foodie, he/she is sure to leave the sickbed soon.
47. “If your immune system was a lawyer, I would fire it. It doesn’t seem to be defending you well enough.” — Unknown
What do lawyers do? Typically to defend or represent their clients, if a person loses his/her case, the person’s lawyer has obviously not done a good job. So for your loved one to have gotten sick, their immune system wasn’t doing a good job.
48. “Congratulations, you are officially sick! Enjoy the holidays. Relax a lot. And come back soon so that we also get the opportunity to fall ill.” — Unknown
This message is humorous right from its first word. However, it should be sent only to those who are mildly sick and not those down with a serious illness.
49. “Studies indicate that those who receive get well cards have an 80% faster recovery rate.” — Unknown
Indeed it does make people recover fast. So you can start your sick one’s day by reminding him or her that your get well message will hasten his/her recovery rate.
Funny Get Well Quotes After Surgery
50. “Get better soon, or I’ll break your legs again. Just kidding dear, get well soon.” — Unknown
This is a humorous get well soon message you can send to your loved one hospitalized for breaking his or her leg. The funny get well soon message can also be used for any other part of the body the person injured; just mention it.
Be Inspired With These – Optimistic Quotes To Keep You Going
51. “In case you’re wondering, I sent those flowers for the nurse, not for you! Just kidding! I hope you get well soon by seeing them!” — Unknown.
The act of giving flowers to loved ones has been with us since time immemorial. In every country and race of the world, flowers are said to bring happiness, reduce stress and anxiety, cause the butterfly effect, etc.
52. “Get well cards have become so humorous that if you don’t get sick, you’re missing half the fun” – Flip Wilson.
Well, yes, if you don’t get sick, you aren’t going to get a get-well-soon card, so perhaps you are indeed missing half of the fun.
53. “A Jewish woman had two chickens. One got sick, so the woman made chicken soup out of the other one to help the sick one get well” – Henry Youngman.
Do you have a sick person who loves chicken soup? Send the person this get well soon quote, and you will have them laughing all day.
54. “The doctor says you are on a soft diet right now. So, I will start eating all the fruits and cakes that you have here on your table.” — Unknown.
This joke typically works on someone who has just had surgery. A soft diet comprises meals that have been chopped, ground, pashed, pureed, and moist. Made easy to chew and swallow.
55. “I reckon being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill and is not obliged to work till one is better” – Samuel Butler.
As long as one is not ill and has got bills to pay, the person will be obliged to work. So even if someone is ill and taking some time out of work, the person won’t be ill forever, and bills won’t stop coming.
56. “If I wish you to get well soon, then I think it wouldn’t be soon enough. That’s why I’m praying for you to get well now!” — Unknown
We all wish our sick loved ones to get well soon, but sometimes “how soon” it should be might not be soon enough. So, simply wish him or her to get well now.
57. “Be careful when reading health books; you may die of a misprint.” – Mark Twain.
Some sick people spend a great amount of time reading health books or books in general. So it’s a good thing to tell a joke out of it. A misprint is simply an error in a printed text.
58. “If I had my way, I’d make health catching instead of disease” – Robert Ingersoll
This is a sweet yet funny way to remind someone you care about them and could have done anything possible to take away their sickness.
59. “The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease” – Voltaire.
In science, though, medicine works through a more complex process. When a drug is swallowed, it gets digested by the stomach’s digestive juices and passes through the liver. It then gets broken down and enters the bloodstream, which carries it to various parts of the body where it is needed.
60. “Being sick is just your body’s way of telling you you’re way too awesome, and you need to slow down so everyone else can catch up.” — Unknown
On a more serious note, sickness can be caused by many factors like depression, heart disease, injury, malnourishment, old age, etc. However, the quote is a good joke you can still use to cheer up your sick loved one, especially when he/she isn’t having a good day.
Is It Right to Say Get Well Soon?
Absolutely yes. There’s nothing more important to a sick person than to get well soon. So sending them a get well soon message is a way to remind the sick person that you care for them and actually want them out of their sickbed very soon. You can do this in various ways by either sending the person an inspirational get well soon quote or a funny get well soon message either separately or combined so that the content of the message will be well conveyed and understood.
How Do You Wish Someone To Get Well Soon Without Words?
Actions they say speak louder than words. You can wish a sick person to get well soon by doing any of the following:
- Visit the sick person and cheer him/her up.
- Spend time doing some fun activities with the sick person.
- Give them surprising gifts or their favorite things.
- Tell them jokes or simply have a conversation with the person.
- Send get well soon cards that depict “get well soon” in pictures rather than words.
By doing any or all of these, you are indirectly wishing your sick loved one or friend to get well soon without using those actual words. As much as you can, don’t emphasize that they are sick, but try and act as normal as possible around the sick person. By doing so, you will have passed the message across without saying a word.
How Do You Comfort Or Cheer Up A Sick Friend?
Caring for a sick person is something quite challenging to do, but at the same time, it can also be advantageous. You will always leave your sick friend feeling much better than when you arrived; this is because there are a lot of things you can do to cheer him or her up, and little things like this make a whole lot of difference to the sick person.
We often assume we know what a sick person wants or how best to look after the person. In reality, we hardly know where it pinches most. So one of the fundamental things you can do while caring for a sick person is to listen to the person. Ask them questions about how they are feeling and what you could do to make them feel better. Apart from their health, ask for their opinions while discussing to make them know they are very much relevant.
2. Help with Chores
Helping your sick loved one with chores around the house or taking up some items off their to-do list while in hospital can make a whole lot of difference and hasten their recovery. It could be as simple as dropping off some office paperwork or getting the kids from school.
3. Do Activities Together
Try doing something the sick person loves doing. It could be reading a book, watching a film together, kneading, etc. But remember to ask them if it’s okay for you to help or join them do the activity.
4. Bring Food and Drinks
Especially well-cooked meals. Eating But before you do this, make sure to ask the sick person if it’s okay for you to cook and what meal they will love to eat. If the person’s stomach won’t allow him or her to eat food, serving a good beverage is also a good option, and remember, water is always good to keep the body dehydrated.
5. Allow time for Rest
When you must have done all that has been listed above for your sick friend/loved one, you must allow the person enough time to rest. Remember, they are not as healthy/strong as you are, so the person must have enough time to rest.