Softball is not actually as soft as some people might want to believe, there is more to the game than we all know. Here are some inspirational softball quotes that you may not have heard.
Funny Softball Quotes
1. There’s nothing soft about my Balls
2. There’s plenty of room at the top but no room to lie down
3. Softball is not for softies
4. Softball is like love, first you learn the rules of the game, and then you forget the rules and play from your heart.
5. Busting ours to kick yours
6. Some call them opponents, I call them victims
7. We want a catcher not a back scratcher.
8. Your mom called. You left your game at home
9. If ur dating a softball player raise ur hands, If ur NOT raise ur standards.
10. Don’t-cha wish your girlfriend could play like me
11. There is no glory in practice but without practice there can be no glory.
12. play like you’re in first, train like you’re in second
13. Heart is the difference between those who attempt and those who achieve
14. If you never lose then you can never appreciate the victories.
15. I’m so good your mom cheers for me
16. In softball, Good Girls Steal
17. There is no shame in my game.
18. Don’t let the name of softball fool you, be ready to play hardball.
19. We want a pitcher not a belly itcher
20. One team one dream.
21. Ho hard or go home
22. 6-4-3=2 softball math… you wouldn’t understand!!
23. When we played softball, I’d steal second base, feel guilty and go back.- Woody Allen
24. Once in a while, I played second base; once in a while, outfield. But those were just pickup games and softball leagues. So when I bought the Yankees, I tried to stay one pace ahead of the players. – George Steinbrener
25. We have North Shore, Hawaii and Lost all there, so they have softball tournaments between the casts. It’s hilarious. – Josh Holloway
26. Play the ball; don’t let the ball play you.
27. When the source is a story. That’s a softball question. – Michael Wolff
28. If you always live with those who are lame, you will yourself learn to limp. – Anon.
29. I am a lefty, though I bat right-handed… When I was a kid I pitched, played first, outfield and shortstop as well.
30. Now it’s mainly softball with some friends. – Josh Charles
31. To play against me you gotta have guts. To play against my team you gotta be nuts.
32. Cinderella can have her glass slipper, this princess wears cleats.
its more than a sport, more like a passion, red dirt and bruises, are in the fashion.
33. If you can pitch it. I can hit it. If you can hit it. I can catch it. If I were you I’d turn around and go home.
34. I never lost a game I just ran out of time
35. When I am working it is up early and coffee and 15 hours of being on the set. When I am not working, it is up late and coffee, golf or softball and hopefully a ball game on the television. – Mackenzie Astin
36. It is, … kind of a softball atmosphere out there. – Lance Berkman
37. The pain won’t last forever, but the memories will
38. When all the girls were getting all made up and getting into all that girl stuff in junior high I was out playing softball or touch football with the guys. – Catherine Bell
39. Clint Eastwood’s a good friend, too – he and I used to play in softball games together. – Lee Majors
40 I played Little League and in high school. I played more over the years whenever there was a pick-up game… usually softball. – Matthew Modine
41. “Its supposed to be hard, if it wasn’t hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.”
42. You must sacrafice, train, and do everything possible to put yourself in a position to win. But if you consider second or third a failure, I feel sorry for you.
43. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You have to have one hand free to throw something back.
44. The game begins the moment you forget your playing.
I dont want to play golf. When I hit a ball I want someone to go chace it.
45. You spend your life gripping a softball, but in the end it was the other way around the whole time.
46. Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the name on the back.
47. When the game is over leave it on the field.
48. A winner is that person who gets up one more time then he was knocked down
49. It’s a game of making great pitches at the right time, being opportunistic by getting a run at the right time and playing good defense. -Mike Candrea, Team USA
Quotes About Softball – Softball Team Quotes.
50. Four bases, three strikes, two teams, one winner. It’s not just a game, but a way of life. Softball, this is my destiny. Anonymous
51. I make my weaknesses my strengths and my strengths stronger.
52. A good athlete always mentally replays a competition over and over, even in victory, to see what might be done to improve the performance the next time.
53. Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory. ~ Arthur Ashe
54. When all the girls were getting all made up and getting into all that girl stuff in junior high I was out playing softball or touch football with the guys.
55. The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. ~ Joe Paterno
56. The minute you start talking about what you’re going to do if you lose, you have lost. – George Shultz
57. It’s always about wanting to one-up myself from the day before. There’s never an absolute 100% perfect performance, but going out and striving for that perfect performance is what keeps me going.
58. When we played softball, I’d steal second base, feel guilty and go back.
59. It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up. ~ Vince Lombardi
60. It is not for man to rest in absolute contentment. He is born to hopes and aspirations, as the sparks fly upward, unless he has brutified his nature, and quenched the spirit of immortality, which is his portion.—Southey.
61. As teammates, we are always there for one another … everyone has everyone’s back. -Whitney Barrett
62. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You have to have one hand free to throw something back.
63. The game begins the moment you forget your playing.
64. I dont want to play golf. When I hit a ball I want someone to go chase it.
65. You spend your life gripping a softball, but in the end it was the other way around the whole time.
66. Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the name on the back.
67. When the game is over leave it on the field.
68. A winner is that person who gets up one more time then he was knocked down
69. Pain is temporary, guys dig scars, but glory lasts forever.
70. If you’re out there to look pretty then get off the field, it’s not about looking pretty it’s about sweat, practice, practice, practice, and then the slide into home that wins you the game.
71. Sometimes the only way to tell its practice is by what you’re wearing.
72. Sometimes the only thing fair in life is a ball hit between 1st and 3rd.
73. You can’t steal second with one foot on first.
74. if you don’t play fast-pitch, don’t say you play softball.
75. Softball is for everyone. Fast-pitch is for athletes.
76. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. – Vincent T. Lombardi
77. Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. – Robert F. Kennedy
78. If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out. -George Brett
79. I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability. – Bruce Jenne
80. To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. -Steve Prefontaine
81. If what you did yesterday still looks big to you today, then you must not have done anything today.
82. Don’t think you’re to good to sit and root for your team, be a team player.
83. Fresh cut grass, dragged dirt, ring of a bat, a diving catch, a blocked ball, sweating, bleeding and sliding into home. Not a bad way to spend a few hours.
84. Did you ever get that gut feeling in your stomach when you’re about to walk on the field? I figured out what it was, it’s that feeling that your gotta win.
85. If you face a worthy opponent acknowledge their skills and show them yours.
86. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. But when a pitcher hands you a changeup, smack it right down her throat.
87. Softball is not a one women sport, you have to have faith in those other 8 girls out there with you, because you are all playing the same game. You win as a team, you lose as a team.
88. Throw your heart over the fence and the ball will go with it.
89. I hope you like animals, cause I’m a beast.
90. You got to want it to win it… And I want it bad
91. Yes, I do hit like a girl….And your boyfriend just flinched!
92. Call us butter cause we on a roll
93. Four bases, three strikes, two teams, one winner.
94. Boys Are Great: Every Girls Softball Team Needs A Waterboy.
95. I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot…and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that’s precisely why I succeed.
96. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. – Michael Jordan
97. A winner never whines.- Paul Brown
98. The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do. – Dennis Waitley
99. I’ve worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down. -Mia Hamm
100. “Its supposed to be hard, if it wasn’t hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.”
101. You must sacrafice, train, and do everything possible to put yourself in a position to win. But if you consider second or third a failure, I feel sorry for you.
102. Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you away from playing the game.
103. Mind over matter……because in our mind, you don’t matter
104. We don’t wear cups, we win them.
105. Life’s a pitch
106. This diamond doesn’t sparkle but I protect it with my LIFE
107. Softball is life with the volume turned up. How loud is your game?
108. Remember when hitting like a girl was a bad thing?
109. It’s amazing how much can be accomplished if no one cares who gets the credit.
110. Life’s hard. Softball’s harder.
111. Your balls may be harder but my balls are bigger
112. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard
113. Risk everything. Fear Nothing. Live with no regrets
114. If baseball is life, softball is heaven
115. life’s a pitch, so take it for a ride.
116. Make your competitive juices overcome your excuses.
117. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
118. There’s no place like home
119. We don’t remember days…we remember moments.
120. Softball is life, the rest is just details
121. Real woman have great curves…and fastballs and change-ups
122. The ones who have talent are good but the ones who practice are great.
123. There is no place like home base.
124. A true man of character knows his limitations – but doesn’t accept them
125. A baller gonna get dirty
126. Softball: Blood, sweat, and tears, and you still want more.
127. I play hard with softballs
128. The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary is that little Extra
129. Sometimes it’s not how good you are, but how bad you want it
130. We play softball, but we aint going soft on you