There are obvious signs a shy guy likes you, maybe you aren’t paying much attention. Shy guys are basic, they are “shy”(timid or introverted). They can easily be spotted from a mile away, either sitting alone by themselves or in the company of close trusted friends or relations who already understand them.
Most times, shy guys tend to be more lively in certain environments than most. For instance, a guy could be shy in school but not as shy at home. Basically, a shy guy may become free around people he is familiar with but in term of outsiders, he mostly struggles.
However, when it comes to the matters of the heart, a shy guy, just like any other guy exhibits certain actions that speak louder than words. These actions may be consciously or unconsciously done, either ways, the if the guy is crushing on someone he would find a way to communicate his feelings. Sometimes, these ways might be tricky but still detectable if you are aware of the signs. Therefore, if you want to know if that shy guy has a crush on you, here are 15 Obvious signs a shy guy likes you.
How To Tell If A Shy Guy Likes You
1. He smiles at you a lot: A shy guy almost never smiles carelessly at anyone because he’s too embarrassed to do so. So does he only sneak in a few smiles only when you are around? If he does, it could be because of an unconscious move on his part which he finds himself doing even without realizing it. Probably because you truly light up his life and he can’t help but be happy except when you are around. So pay close attention to the smiles of that shy guy and you may just have someone who is incredibly interested in you.
2. He offers to help you: Its not everyday a shy guy offers to help someone, most times, not because he doesn’t want to, but because he’s very shy. But in the case of any guy who likes a girl, he would offer to provide help to her in any way he can whether he is shy or not- it’s just impulse. He would notice you when you are in distress and even offer to open that bottle of ketchup if you are finding it hard to do so. Now if that isn’t a guy who likes you then what is all about.
3. He opens the door for you: One thing you should be observant about a shy guy is in the little things he does such as holding the door open for you. This is an age old way of guys being gentlemen. If you notice that he will willingly slam the door in other people’s faces except your, hmmm…, your guess is as good as mine, he is probably into you.
4. He is unusually clumsy around you: This one of the funniest and most awkward signs a shy guy likes you. Is dropping his books or pen more frequently than normal or is he running into things like tables, chairs or even a wall when he sees you? If yes, that guy is in a big trouble whenever he see you. Most times, he could get all jittery that he doesn’t know how to act around you,thus making him appear worse than he would like.
5. The mixed signals: Those mixed signals can be awfully confusing don’t you agree? One day he musters up the courage to approach you, say hi and actually talk to you. The days, he might not even say hi to you, leaving you wondering if it’s not the same guy who approached earlier with a little bit of confidence. While this can be tricky, it can be a glaring sign as well and he could be acting in such a manner because he is possibly still nervous whenever he is around you.
6. The little details: Most cute guys who are much more confident of themselves usually do not remember the minute details about their girlfriends except in seldom cases. But in terms of a shy guy, when he likes a girl, like really likes a girl, he is most likely to know to a great extent the most trivial details about the girl likes. A shy guy will remember your favorite pizza toppings, he’ll also remember what your childhood pet’s name was,or even have your college schedule completely memorized. It happens to be so accurate sometimes that it feels like he’s been stalking you for a long time which can be creepy and cute depending on how you look at it.
7. He puts himself out there for you: If there is one thing a shy guy abhors doing that’s socializing or hanging out with other people. With some shy men, they may not necessarily hate socializing, just that they find it too difficult a task most times thus preferring to be i the confines of their own space. But when such a shy guy likes you, he is most likely to force himself to socialize and join a group even if he’s not normally that chatty.
Signs A Shy Guy Likes You
8. He becomes friends with your friends: When a man loves a woman, whether he is shy or not, the force of nature would make him do things he wouldn’t have dared, but because of the matters of the heart. Normally a shy guy won’t think of coming close to the friends of the girl he likes, but because he knows how much influence the girl’s friends may have over their relationship, he does all he can to get close to them.
9. He gets teased by his friends: Of-course, shy guys do have friends and no, their friends are not necessarily shy. Usually friends would tease anyone in their circle who has a crush on someone but has made a move yet. This teasing could be noticed easily when you are close to the shy guy and his friends or simply walking by. You will find these friends openly or sarcastically making comments that are odd but give you a hint that the shy guy has a crush on you.
10. He faces you directly: Rather than standing at an angle to you, boys who like you will face you directly. If he really likes you, this is a subtle way of he will show it even without realizing it.
11. He protects or defends you: Every girl needs her knight in shinning armor. What if that knight unexpectedly happens to be that shy guy in your school or neighborhood. Now that’s something to give a thought. Does he stand up for you when your other friends are making fun of you or harmlessly bullying you? In these times he may not know its a joke between friends, but that sense of protection suddenly arises in ways even never thought would happen. If you notice this then you could have a serious case of a crush.
12. His mood changes when you talk about other guys: Men generally are territorial and wouldn’t like other men competing for the attention of the girl they like. So don’t be surprised if you find a shy guy who likes you so much that he cringes when you mention other guys. He becomes insecure or feel hurt, because you’re not just into him.
13. He asks to connect to you through social media: One thing about social media is that is allows people who are shy come out of their shell as they can freely express themselves to whom ever they like without feeling self conscious. So when that shy asks for your name on social media, its safe to say you might just have an admirer.
14. He gives you his time: No matter how much a shy guy is addicted to his gadgets, he will take the time to give you a listening ear and talk to you. Even though he’s addicted to his computer or smart phone screens, . He’ll really listen and hear what you have to say. If his cell phone is ringing or he’s receiving alerts on his tablet, he’ll simply turn off his devices, as what you have to say is way more important to him.
15. He never asks you out: OK! you and that shy guy have become really good friends but do you think he likes you more than he is able to tell you? If you’ve gone through the hurdles of how you both got in the friendship zone in the first place, you will realize that the shy guy in your life may want to have you as his girl friend. He probably hasn’t taken it to the next level because he is afraid of rejection perhaps he’s waiting for you to make the first move, as then this takes the pressure away from him.
In conclusion so the next time you are out in public, be it around your home or even a school or work environment, do pay close attention to the gesture espoused above and you might just become a pro at detecting when or if a shy guy likes you or any other person for that matter.