No matter how much we want to maintain the present state, the fact still remains that change is one factor in life that remains constant. It’s always hard to say goodbye, it’s always difficult to let go of what we are so used to, but we might not have the opportunity to taste the good fortunes that lies ahead until we let go, no one says letting go is so easy, it takes a little bit of determination and inner strength. Here are some brilliant letting go quotes
Quotes About Letting Go – Letting Go Of The Past Quotes
1. Never force anything. Give it your best shot, and then let it be. If it’s meant to be, it will be. Don’t hold yourself down with things you can’t control.
2. When you stop expecting people and situations to be perfect, you can start to appreciate them for who and what they are.
3. Live simply. Love generously. Speak truthfully. Breathe deeply. Do your best. Leave everything else to the powers above you.
4. Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day, it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self. —Tere Arigo
5. Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good. —Eleanor Brownn
6. There’s no point in arguing and loving someone who doesn’t want to be with you and doesn’t want to keep you in his life.. the real person will try harder to reach out and work for the best and what’s supposed to be done to their relationship.. but things are not so good this time, it’s time to try letting go. —Ressha
7. Let go, or be dragged. —Unknown
8. “The past does not equal the future unless you live there.” – Tony Robbins
9. “Regret doesn’t remind us that we did badly, it reminds us that we know that we could do better.” – Kathryn Schultz
10. “You need to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old . . .” Sarah Ban Breathnach
11. “I use memories, but I will not allow memories to use me . . .” Deepak Chopra
12. Some people cannot stand that you’re moving on with your life and so they will try to drag your past to catch up with you. Do not help them by acknowledging their behavior. Keep moving forward.
13. No matter how you live, someone will be disappointed. So just live your truth and be sure YOU aren’t the one who is disappointed in the end.
14. Love yourself! Forgive yourself! Accept yourself! You are YOU and that’s the beginning and the end – no apologies, no regrets.
15. You are GOOD enough, SMART enough, FINE enough, and STRONG enough. You don’t need other people to validate you; you’re already valuable.
16. “It’s very expressive of myself. I just lump everything in a great heap which I have labeled the past, and, having thus emptied this deep reservoir that was once myself, I am ready to continue.” Unknown Source
17. ”Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.” – Denis Waitley
“The past should be a learning experience not an everlasting punishment. What’s done is done.” – Unknown Source
18. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” – Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
19. “You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better.” – Maya Angelou
20. The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will. Let them go. —Robert Tew
21. If someone doesn’t care to accept you, respect you, believe in you, don’t hesitate to move on and let them go. There are many who love and appreciate you just the way you are. —Amaka Imani Nkosazana
22. Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go. —Roy Bennett
23. You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go… You don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on. —Marta Mrotek
24. Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over. —Octavia Butler
25. Even as I hold you, I am letting you go. —Alice Walker
26. You can meet someone who’s just right, but he might not be meant for you. You break up, you lose things, you never feel the same again. But maybe you should stop questioning why. Maybe you should just accept it and move on. —Winna Efendi
27. The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss. —Rebecca Solnit
28. Old worries are down payments on problems you may never have. Let them go. Today is a NEW beginning; take a deep breath and START AGAIN.
29. Smile, even when it feels like things are falling apart. Smiling doesn’t always mean you’re happy; sometimes it simply means you’re strong.
30. There comes a time when you have to stop thinking about your mistakes and move on. No regrets in life – just lessons that show you the way.
31. Remember the good times, be strong during tough times, love always, laugh often, live honestly, and be thankful for each new day.
32. You can’t let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones. Don’t let the silly little dramas of each day get you down.
33. If you are diligent and patient, everything you truly need in your life will come to you at the right time.
34. Everything will fall into place eventually. Until then, learn what you can, laugh often, live for the moments, and know it’s all worthwhile.
35. One of the most freeing things we learn in life is that we don’t have to like everyone, everyone doesn’t have to like us, and it’s perfectly OK.
36. Try not to take things other people say about you too personally. What they think and say is a reflection of them, not you.
37. If you care too much about what other people think, in a way, you will always be their prisoner.
38. Sometimes we expect more from others because we’d be willing to do that much for them. Keep loving. You’ll learn who’s worth it in the end.
39. Not everyone will appreciate what you do for them. You have to figure out who’s worth your attention and who’s just taking advantage of you.
40. It’s usually quite hard to let go and move on, but once you do, you’ll feel free and realize it was the best decision you’ve ever made.
41. Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in your mind. It’s difficult to follow your heart, but it’s a tragedy to let the lies of fear stop you.
42. You can’t always wait for the perfect moment. Sometimes you must let go and dare to do it because life is too short to wonder what could have been.
43. You’re not the same person you were a year ago, a month ago, or a week ago. You’re always growing. Experiences don’t stop. That’s life.
44. One of the most rewarding moments in life is when you finally find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.
45. “If you believe that feeling bad will change a past event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system.” – Wayne Dyer
46. “You can victimize yourself by wallowing around in your own past.” – Wayne Dyer
47. “The past has no power over the present moment.” ― Eckhart Tolle
48. “Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.” – Robin Sharma
49. If you only knew how to respect my heart, I wouldn’t have found a reason to let you go. —Jourdane Erasquin
50. It is by giving the freedom to the other, that is by letting go, we gain our own freedom back. —Aleksandra Ninkovic
51. Accept the fact that you will grow apart from people you’ve had significant relationships with. Understand when someone no longer positively affects your life. Let them go. Don’t hinder your growth —Unknown
52. If love becomes too painful, then it’s time to let that love go and save yourself. You have to keep this in mind because you’ll be able to find another love but not another self. —Robert Tew
53. You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging on. —Sue Fitzmaurice
54. Relinquishing control to another person is like death: it’s only scary until it finally happens. —Agnostic Zetetic
55. The bottom line is this; when one person stops being a part of your life, another one will come, and fill that empty space. Leave the ones who left in the past, right where they belong, and never look back. —Ena Snow
56. Letting go is the willingness to change your beliefs in order to bring more peace and joy into your life instead of holding onto beliefs that bring pain and suffering… —Hal Tipper
57. Sometimes we don’t forgive people because they deserve it. We forgive them because they need it, because we need it, and because we cannot let go and move forward without it.
58. The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to move forward is the happiest.
59. Don’t cry over the past, it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future, it hasn’t arrived. Do your best to live in the NOW and make it beautiful. (Read The Power of Now.)
60. Be wise enough to let go when you should and strong enough to hold on when you must.
61. Don’t let dumb little things break your happiness. True wealth is the ability to experience and appreciate each moment for what it’s worth.
62. Life is too short to spend at war with yourself. Practice acceptance and forgiveness. Letting go of yesterday’s troubles is your first step towards happiness today.
63. Worry gives small things a big shadow. In the end, you can either focus on what’s tearing you apart, or what’s holding you together.
64. As we grow older and wiser, we begin to realize what we need and what we need to leave behind. Sometimes walking away is a step forward.
65. You will never achieve what you are capable of if you’re too attached to things you’re supposed to let go of.
66. Sometimes there are things in our lives that aren’t meant to stay. Sometimes the changes we don’t want are the changes we need to grow.
67. Growth and change may be painful sometimes, but nothing in life is as painful as staying stuck where you don’t belong.
68. The hardest part about growing is letting go of what you were used to, and moving on with something you’re not.
69. Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what could be.
70. Don’t be afraid of change. Change happens for a reason. Roll with it. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.
71. You’ve got to know when to let a woman go if you want to keep her,and if you don’t want to keep her you let her go anyhow so it’s always a process of letting go, one way or the other. —Charles Bukowski
72. You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them…but still move on without them. —Mandy Hale
73. She let him go once. Every day demands that she release him over and over again. —Julianna Baggott
74. They say when you really love someone, you should be willing to set them free. So that is what I am doing. I will step back and you will move on. I will let you go….Your happiness means everything to me. I will listen for your voice in the distance. I will look at the moon. I will keep you in my pocket. I will carry your smile with me everywhere, like a warm and comforting glow. —Tabitha Suzuma
75. When I say I’m going to forget you I know it’s impossible to forget someone I once knew. What I want is to erase you from my thoughts and purge you from my memories. I’m saying it’s what I wish for, not what is or could ever be. —Donna Lynn Hope
76. Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a point at which you finally decide to let go. —Wilfred James Dolor
77. Sometimes you have to let things go. Sometimes you have to stop caring for a minute. —Trina Etmanskie
78. The moment after being let go, when we can finally let it go, is the moment when love once again has hope. —Brian MacLearn
79. Letting go is not getting rid of memories. Memories will stay, they always do. Letting go is making sure that the pain associated with the memories goes away. —Arti Honrao
80. If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down. —Amit Ray
81. You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself. —Mandy Hale
82. Sometimes the door closes on a relationship, not because we failed but because something bigger than us says this no longer fits our life. So, lock the door, shed a tear, turn around and look for the new door that’s opened. It’s a sign that you’re no longer that person you were, it’s time to change into who you are. It’s going to be okay. —Lee Goff
83. The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard. —Baltasar Gracián
84. No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on. —Alexandra Elle
85. Giving up and moving on are two very different things.
86. Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over hurt.
87. Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak; sometimes it simply means you are strong enough and smart enough to let go and grow.
88. Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are. It could be so much worse.
89. Whatever is bringing you down, let it GO! You don’t need that negativity in your life. Keep calm and be positive. Good things will happen.
90. “Right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past.” – Tryon Edwards
Let It Go Quotes – Quotes About Moving On And Letting Go
91. “The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.” – Barbara De Angelis
92. “Never regret- If it’s good, it’s wonderful.If it’s bad, it’s experience.” – Anonymous
93. “All the king’s horses and all the king’s men can’t put the past together again. So let’s remember: Don’t try to saw sawdust.” – Dale Carnegie
94. “If you’re still hanging onto a dead dream of yesterday, laying flowers on its grave by the hour, you cannot be planting the seeds for a new dream to grow today.” – Joyce Chapman
95. “We have to do with the past only as we can make it useful to the present and the future.” – Frederick Douglass
96. What people resist is not change per se, but loss. —Ronald A. Heifetz
97. Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you. —Steve Maraboli
98. You will say good-bye for all the right reasons. You’re tired of living in wait for his apocalypse. You have your own fight on your hands, and though it’s no bigger or more noble than his, it will require all of your energy.
99. It’s you who has to hold on to earth. You have to tighten your grip—which means letting go of him. —Melissa Bank
100. Letting go of someone we love is the hardest thing we will ever do. Some people never surrender to love for the fear of being hurt. But to not have loved, to not have felt the immense joy it brings, would have been a far worse kind of death. —Goldie Hawn
101. Saying yes to happiness means learning to say no to the people and things that hurt you. Be wise enough to walk away from the negativity.
102. What you allow is what will continue. It’s better to be lonely than allow negative people and their opinions derail you from your destiny.
103. If you feel like your ship is sinking, it might be a good time to throw out the stuff that’s been weighing it down. Let go of people who bring you down, and surround yourself with those who bring out the best in you.
104. Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a point at which you finally decide to let go.
105. One of the most difficult tasks in life is removing someone from your heart.
106. You have to understand that people come and people go. That’s life. Stop holding on to those who have let go of you long ago.
107. “Only by acceptance of the past can you alter it.” – T.S. Eliot
108. “A lot of people go through life like they are rowing a boat. They look at where they have been (the PAST) rather than where they are going (the FUTURE).” – Unknown Source
109. Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress. – Melody Beattie
110. Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny. —Steve Maraboli
111. Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it. —Ginni Rometty
112. If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.—Sarah Dessen
113. In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. – Deepak Chopra
114. It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.—Angelina Jolie
115. Anything I cannot transform into something marvelous, I let go. – Anais Nin
116. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.—Oprah Winfrey
117. Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. – Raymond Lindquist
118. Everybody’s got a past. The past does not equal the future unless you live there– Tony Robbins
119. Forgiveness means letting go of the past. – Gerald Jampolsky
120. Nirvana means to extinguish the burning fires of the Three Poisons: greed, anger, and ignorance. This can be accomplished by letting go of dissatisfaction. – Shinjo Ito
121. Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.—Guy Finley
122. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values. – Dalai Lama
123. Pain will leave you, when you let go.—Jeremy Aldana
124. Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. – Daphne Rose Kingma
125. I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.—Fridtjof Nansen
126. I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go. —Jeffrey McDaniel
127. Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. – Ralph Marston
128. Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?–Leo Buscaglia
129. Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.—Deborah Reber
130. The hardest part about breaking up is letting go of the last piece of your heart.