Being happy is a decision you will have to make. Life is full of challenges and lots of circumstances trying to drain your happiness, but you just have to decide to remain happy against all odds. Your happiness is not to be determined by how people feel about you or on someone else’s happiness, it has to be your own making. Here are some of the greatest quotes about being happy
Quotes About Being Happy With Someone
1. Some people are so afraid of being hurt that they’ll pass up the chance of being happy!!
2. Choose happiness by taking life day by day, complaining very little, and being thankful for the little things that mean a lot.
3. The ability to quickly create a positive meaning to the events in our life is a great aid to being happy. Yet, this is the exact opposite of what our mind normally does. We normally create negative, disempowering meanings whenever things seemingly go wrong.
4. Nothing is nicer than having someone who appreciates you in the smallest things.. Accepts you in times of hardships. Comforts you when you’re troubled. Loves you no matter what and is simply happy for having you in their life.
5. Being there for someone takes more than just saying the words ‘I’m here if you need me.’ Remember actions speak louder than words.
6. I’m closer to being happy. I’m doing things that make me happy. In football I loved to practice and I loved to play, but I hated to be in meetings, hated to talk to the media, hated to have cameras in my face, hated to sign autographs. I hated to do all those things.
7. Of course, I want to be number one. But being happy and healthy is the most important thing.
8. Let me be content with being happy, without sighing that I am not distinguished.
9. The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are.
10. Its usually the ones who are are willing to do anything or everything for others that end up getting hurt.
11. Live life to the fullest and never ever look back, there is a reason for the future and a reason for the past. Love till it hurts and laugh till you cry and when your life flashes before you, make it worth while. Be happy for what you have done, and be happy for what you have over come, and most of all always be proud of what you have become.
12 The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.
13. Being happy with the little that you have. There are people who have nothing who can put on a smile.
14. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
15. Sometimes we simply need someone who will be there for us. Someone who will sit there and listen. Be that person for others when you can.
16. The art of being happy lies on the power of finding happiness in ordinary things. Life doesn’t force us to be the best, it only asks that we should try.
17. There is no duty that we so much underrate as the duty of being happy.
18. The greatest challenge in life is to discover who you are and the second greatest challenge is being happy, what you have.
19. Always listen to your sixth sense, your intuition, your gut feeling and take a second look. It will help you identify the bullsh*t, the lies, the deception and the fake. It will save you from being taken for a ride, being strung along, being taken advantage of and have your time wasted.
20. Don’t be ashamed of finding out who your fake friends are, be happy for never being one of them.
21. The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.
22. We all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same.
23. Don’t waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window- or break down a door.
24. It shouldn’t be hard to be happy for someone else’s accomplishments, because being happy for someone other than yourself makes it easier for you to accomplish your own sense of happiness too!
25. Love is . . . Being happy for the other person when they are happy, Being sad for the person when they are sad,
26. Being together in good times, And being together in bad times. LOVE IS THE SOURCE OF STRENGTH.
27. Love is not to be with the one you love and to be happy. Love is being far away from them n being happy for their happiness.
28. I genuinely hate being jealous…I would much rather focus my energy into being happy for someone.
29. Loving someone means being happy for them when they are happy.
30. Theres nothing more vital to the bond you share with someone than simply being there for them.
31. I’m happy for you! is the hardest lie to tell when your old love found someone new.
32. Don’t just exist… live, being happy in life is simple, Focus on you, making yourself happy, love what you do and do what you love.
33. A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.
34. I don’t know what’s worst, being taken for granted or being played like a fool.
35. Be happy with what you have while working for what you want. Remember, a happy and successful life begins with God and ends for God.
36. Be happy today by living every moment of life, complaining less, love all, being thankful for the little things that are important to you.
37. Having a Life is not just measured by the span of a natural lifetime, but also by your successes, your failures, your joys, your pain, and your dreams, but most of all being happy in that lifetime. When it comes to sharing your lifetime with someone, make sure you can have a Life with them because you dont want to waste a lifetime on the wrong one.
38. Choose happiness today by taking life moment by moment, complaining very little, and being thankful for the little things that mean a lot.
39. Success is just being happy. And I try so many different things. I do a lot of different things. Because I think God has helped me to love myself. I know who God is, and I love God.
40. We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.
41. We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.
42. I’m happy for you.’ That’s the hardest lie you can say to a special someone from your past who has found a new person to love.
43. Life is about ignoring the drama, laughing with friends, loving your family, and being happy with what you have.
44. Being happy does not mean at all that things are perfect. It clearly means you have decided to peep into and look beyond imperfections.
45. One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
46. I wish they had a word for being happy and sad at the same time because that’s what I feel every time I am with you.
47. You wanna know what’s getting old? Being there for you, having your back, helping you through everything, going outta my way to keep you happy, and getting treated like shit in return…
48. Being happy, is not about what everyone wants for you, but about what you want for yourself.
49. Don’t let anyones negativity stop you from being happy. Negative company will never give you a positive life.
50. Examine what you tolerate. Every time you subtract negative from your life, you make room for more positive. Happiness is found around encouraging, loving people.
51. Being happy has nothing to do with how much you have, and everything to do with how grateful you are for what you do have.
52. The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are.
53. I’ve realized that being happy is a choice. You never want to rub anybody the wrong way or not be fun to be around, but you have to be happy. When I get logical and I don’t trust my instincts – That’s when I get in trouble.
54. Live your life with no regrets because being happy is key to an everlasting, glorious life.
55. Half of being happy is being happy with what you’ve got, the other half is being happy no matter what.
56. If happiness is the meaning and purpose of life, then we must be happy for all that comes into our life, for even misfortune blesses us if it builds our character and strengthens our faith in pursuing that which is good and noble.
57. Even the most caring people can get tired of being taken for granted.
Quotes About Happiness
58. “A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one’s neighbor — such is my idea of happiness.” Leo Tolstoy
59. “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
60. “If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires.” Epicurus
61. “I believe compassion to be one of the few things we can practice that will bring immediate and long-term happiness to our lives.” Dalai Lama
62. “Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.”
63. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.” Leo Tolstoy
64. “If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.” Proverb
65. “Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature…. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller
66. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” Morris West
67. “Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy.” Milton Erickson
68. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
69. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” Martha Washington
70. “Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.” Albert Schweitzer
71. “Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.” Heraclitus
72. “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Abraham Lincoln
73. “Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” Unknown
74. “There is only one cause of unhappiness: the false beliefs you have in your head, beliefs so widespread, so commonly held, that it never occurs to you to question them.” Anthony de Mello
75. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” Dalai Lama
76. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” Helen Keller
77. “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” Eskimo Proverb
78. “To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness.” Mary Stuart
79. “There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.” Seneca
80. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” Confucius
81. “The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.” Arthur Schopenhauer
82. “The grass is always greener where you water it.” Unknown
83. “Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.” Marquis de Condorcet
84. “On a deeper level you are already complete. When you realize that, there is a playful, joyous energy behind what you do.” Eckhart Tolle
85. “The happiest people in the world are those who feel absolutely terrific about themselves, and this is the natural outgrowth of accepting total responsibility for every part of their life.” Brian Tracy
86. “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” Albert Ellis
87. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” Groucho Marx
88. “Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.” Unknown
89. “Your work is discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.” Buddha
90. “That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.” Henry David Thoreau
91. “Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.” Maxim Gorky
92. “Happiness is a state of activity.” Aristotle
93. “This planet has – or rather had – a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn’t the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” Douglas Adams
94. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” Eleanor Roosevelt
95. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
96. “Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.” Friedrich Schiller
97. “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” Winston Churchill
98. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” Robert A. Heinlein
99. “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” Dennis Waitley
100. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” Mahatma Gandhi
101. “The only joy in the world is to begin.” Cesare Pavese
102. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go” Oscar Wilde
103. “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.” Ashley Montagu
104. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw
105. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow. It only saps today of its joy.” Leo Buscaglia
106. “A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.” William Arthur Ward
107. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” Mary Lou Retton
108. “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.” James M. Barrie
109. “We begin from the recognition that all beings cherish happiness and do not want suffering. It then becomes both morally wrong and pragmatically unwise to pursue only one’s own happiness oblivious to the feelings and aspirations of all others who surround us as members of the same human family. The wiser course is to think of others when pursuing our own happiness.” Dalai Lama
110. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable, than risk being happy.” Dr. Robert Anthony
111. “The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others.” Aesop
112. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” Buddha
113. “Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.” Unknown
114. “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” Albert Camus
115. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” Stacey Charter
116. “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.” William Feather
117. “Gratitude is a vaccine, an antitoxin, and an antiseptic.” John Henry Jowett
118. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
119. “And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” Confucius
120. “Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.” Buddha
121. “The first recipe for happiness is: avoid too lengthy meditation on the past.” Andre Maurois
122. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” Marcel Proust
123. “I’d far rather be happy than right any day.” Douglas Adams
124. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” Andy Rooney
125. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” James Oppenheim
126. “Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.” Benjamin Disraeli
127. “Happiness is a how; not a what. A talent, not an object.” Herman Hesse
128. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” Aesop
129. “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
130. “Happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don’t even remember leaving open.” Rose Lane
Quotes About Being Happy With Yourself
131. We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. Barbara de Angelis
132. Too often in life, something happens and we blame other people for us not being happy or satisfied or fulfilled. So the point is, we all have choices, and we make the choice to accept people or situations or to not accept situations. Tom Brady
133. Being happy never goes out of style. Lilly Pulitzer
134. Don’t waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window- or break down a door. Brooke Shields
135. The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have. Woody Allen
136. God wants my life to be about being successful and being happy and blessing other people and being blessed.
137. The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are.
Goldie Hawn Happy
138. There are two ways of being happy: We must either diminish our wants or augment our means – either may do – the result is the same and it is for each man to decide for himself and to do that which happens to be easier.
139. I regret those times when I’ve chosen the dark side. I’ve wasted enough time not being happy. Jessica Lange
140. Life is not always not always what one wants it to be., but to make the best of it as it is the only way of being happy. Lady Randolph Churchill
141. A photograph doesn’t gain weight or lose weight, or change from being happy to being sad. It’s frozen. You can use it, then recycle it. Chuck Close
142. I worried that people wouldn’t like me. Now I try not to worry and focus on being happy. Lea Michele
143. The glory is being happy. The glory is not winning here or winning there. The glory is enjoying practicing, enjoy every day, enjoying to work hard, trying to be a better player than before. Rafael Nadal
144. We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same. Anne Frank
145. I enjoy being happy every day, and hopefully you can hear my happiness in my music. Life is beautiful. Christina Milian
146. My greatest beauty secret is being happy with myself. I don’t use special creams or treatments – I’ll use a little bit of everything. It’s a mistake to think you are what you put on yourself. I believe that a lot of how you look is to do with how you feel about yourself and your life. Happiness is the greatest beauty secret. Tina Turner
147. I’m concentrating on staying healthy, having peace, being happy, remembering what is important, taking in nature and animals, spending time reading, trying to understand the universe, where science and the spiritual meet. Joan Jett
148. I think that being happy makes the biggest impact on your physical appearance. Drew Barrymore
149. My ultimate goal is to end up being happy. Most of the time. Taylor Swift
150. A working definition of fathering might be this: fathering is the act of guiding a child to behave in ways that lead to the child’s becoming a secure child in full, thus increasing his or her chances of being happy and fruitful as a young adult. Clyde Edgerton