Best friends are essential people in our lives; they are always there both in good times and bad times. We need such friends to share our happiness and challenges since life is better with real friends to share it with. Most people have been hurt many times by “so-called friends,” making it hard to know who is actually a friend, but best friends allow you to be yourself around them without fear of being judged which is why we have put together, these awesome best friend quotes to recognize the importance of these individuals in our lives.
Who Is A Best Friend?
There is always that friend who you hold in high esteem more than any other person in your circle, that could be your best friend. Your best friend is usually the first person you call with good or bad news; you confide in them and trust them with things you are not comfortable sharing with other people, including family members. When you are besties with someone, you finish each other’s sentence because you share a lot in common and know each other too well.
Your best friend is that person you always have fun with. Whenever you feel like going out for a bite or drinks with someone, their name always pops up. Additionally, when you are with your best friend, words are not always needed to communicate. Just by looking at each other and you feel like you have spoken a thousand words, besties are that cool. It’s not telepathy but years of trusting each other and sharing life experiences as friends. To celebrate your bestie, we have put together a beautiful selection of ‘best friend’ quotes to help you put a smile on his or her face.
Funny Best Friend Quotes
1. A true friend is someone who never gets bored of listening to your pointless dramas over…and over again.— Lauren Conrad.
2. Best friends have conversations impossible to understand by other people. — Notebook of Love.
3. A friend is a person who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ― Dornacher.
4. A true friend stabs you in the front.― Oscar Wilde.
5. In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends. ― John Churton Collins.
6. Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. — C.S. Lewis.
7. You know when I feel inwardly beautiful? When I am with my girlfriends, and we have a ‘goddess circle.’ — Jennifer Aniston.
8. Lots of people want to ride within the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.— Oprah Winfrey
9. A good friend is a connection to life – a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ― Lois Wyse.
10. Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it’ll always get you the right ones. — John Lennon.
11. Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes. — Friedrich Nietzsche.
12. Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them…your smile, your hope, and your courage. — Doe Zantamata.
13. A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. — Arnold Glasow.
14. A friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself. — Jim Morrison.
15. A single rose can be my garden, a single friend, my world. ― Leo Buscaglia.
16. There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate. — Linda Grayson.
17. A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. ― Bernard Meltzer.
18. Best friends understand when you say forget it, wait forever when you say just a minute, stay when you say leave me alone, and open the door before you can say come in. — Unknown.
19. We’re best friends. When you fall, I’ll always pick you up…after I stop laughing and take a picture. — Unknown.
20. Never shall I forget the times I spent with you; continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours. ― Ludwig Van Beethoven.
21. Friends are like boobs. Some are big. Some are small. Some are real. Some are fake. — Unknown.
22. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.’ — C.S. Lewis.
23. Everybody will be your friend when you’re doing the right things. Your true best friends will stick with you support you even when you’re doing the wrong things. — Unknown.
24. She’s my best friend; if you break her heart, I’ll break your face.— Unknown.
25. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. — Elbert Hubbard.
26. Men kick friendship around like a football, and it doesn’t seem to crack. Women treat it like glass, and it falls to pieces. ― Anne Lindbergh.
27. Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it, and your enemies won’t believe it. ― Belgicia Howell.
28. At the shrine of friendship, never say die, let the wine of friendship never run dry. ― Victor Hugo.
29. If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky. ― S.E. Hinton.
30. Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever. ― George R.R. Martin.
31. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend― Albert Camus.
32. A friend who offers help without asking for explanations is a treasure beyond price ― Robert A. Heinlein.
33. True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable. ― David Tyson Gentry.
34. The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. ― Elisabeth Foley.
35. I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light. ― Helen Keller.
36. A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself. ― Frank Crane.
37. We know our friends by their defects rather than their merits. ― W. Somerset Maugham.
38. A friend is long sought, hardly found, and with difficulty kept. ― St. Jerome
39. Friends: people who borrow my books and set wet glasses on them. ― Edwin Arlington Robinson.
40. True friendship is like sound health; its value is seldom known until it is lost. ― Charles Caleb Colton.
41. The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend― Aristotle
42. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. ― Kahlil Gibran.
43. Friendship is genuine when two friends can enjoy each others company without speaking a word to one another― George Ebers
44. The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ― David Henry Thoreau.
45. A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow― William Shakespeare
46. But friendship is precious, not only in the shade but in the sunshine of life. ― Thomas Jefferson.
47. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. ― A.A. Milne.
Is There Such Thing as a Best Friend?
The simple answer here is yes. In fact, having a best friend is one of the best things that can happen to you in life. In your best friend, you will have someone to share your secrets with, unburden your heart without fear of being judged, and celebrate happy moments. Having a best friend you can trust gives you hope to carry on sometimes.
But, knowing who your best friend is might be a little tricky, especially if you have a lot of friends around you. Unfortunately, there is such thing as fake friends, too, and they can easily be mistaken for besties if you don’t look out for the signs. To know who your best friend is, they should be able to do the following:
- Keep your secrets secret.
- Support you no matter what
- Give you great advice.
- Have your back even in your absence
- Listen when you have something to say
- Your past mistakes don’t matter to them.
- They will not argue with you often.
- Best friends don’t get jealous of your success.
- They always want to be around you, both in bad and good situations.
- Your best friend wouldn’t argue with you; it can only last a few seconds if it happens.
Asides From Sending Best Friend Quotes, How Else Can I Make My Best Friend Smile
If you notice your best friend is downcast, the first thing to do is find out if there is any problem or anything you can do to help. Aside from finding a solution to the particular challenge they are facing, you can also do other things to cheer them up.
Always Be There For Them
It feels good to know that someone always has your back in every situation. If your best friend is going through a hard time, be there for them by sacrificing your time and energy. While checking up on them, it is also important to allow them to heal by exercising patience. Knowing you are always there will surely put a smile on your best friend’s face.
Buy Them Gifts
It can be something as trivial as a single rose, a bunch of flowers, cards, chocolates, or anything you know they will like. These are little things that matter and can go a long way in making your best friend smile.
Start a Creative Project Together
You can do some paintings, design postcards or even cook some fancy meals together for the fun of it. Doing things together with your best friend will easily make them forget whatever burden they had in their heart.
Spend Quality Time Together
You can go out for a burger or ice cream or just sit at home and watch your favorite show together. Going for a walk also proves effective in this case as you don’t only get to spend quality time together, you also engage in physical activity, which improves mood.
Pranks can go wrong and end up worsening the situation; thus, you need to tread carefully with this one. Nonetheless, playing a simple prank on your best friend is the fasted way to cheer them up.
Ask Them What They Want To Do And Do It
When someone is not in a good mood, there might be something they are craving. Find out what it is and do it with them. It might be something like playing video games, cooking, volunteering for a good cause, or watching a movie.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors Together
Nature has a way of putting a smile on any face, and if you want to improve your mood, there is no better way than nature therapy. Take a moment to explore some activities outside the home and watch the fifteen minutes of fresh air work the magic.
Compliment Their Efforts
Human beings like to be complimented every now and then so, leverage this and put a smile on the face of your best friend. You can tell them they look nice in their outfit or did a great job with whatever project they just finished. This helps in lifting up the spirit.
Offer to Help Them
Find out things they need to do, chores and all, and offer to help them. This will take away some of the burdens they are carrying around and, in the process, elicit a smile.