Whenever Lewis Caroll’s Alice in Wonderland is mentioned, people invariantly, subconsciously so, talk about Alice, Alice, Alice. But Alice in Wonderland is not just about Alice in Wonderland. There is the Queen, there is the Mad Hatter, there is the Grumpy Bear, there is March Hare, and, there is, last, certainly not the least, the Cheshire Cat.
The Cheshire Cat has been a part of English lore centuries before Caroll’s novel. But in Alice in Wonderland, Caroll brought the cat to popular culture, entertained us with it and kept us coming back to relive its iconic character and wry wit. Here, we compiled some Cheshire Cat quotes that made Cheshire cat the most famous cat in Western Literature.
Alice in Wonderland Cheshire Cat Quotes
1. I am not crazy; my reality is just different from yours.
2. Every adventure requires a first step.
3. How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You’re lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few.
4. Haste makes waste, so I rarely hurry. But if a ferret were about to dart up my dress, I’d run.
5. Have I gone mad? I am afraid so, you are entirely bonkers. but I will tell you a secret… all the best people are.
6. Not all who wander are lost.
7. We’re all mad here. I am mad; you are mad.
8. How do you run from what is inside your head?
9. I knew who I was this morning, but I have changed a few times since then.
10. Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.
11. You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
12. Well, some go this way, and some go that way. But as for me, myself, personally, I prefer the short-cut.
You Would Love: 60 Best Anime Quotes Of All Time
13. When you’ve understood this scripture, throw it away. If you can’t understand this scripture, throw it away. I insist on your freedom.
14. If you don’t know where you are going, it doesn’t matter the road you take, does it? (Paraphrased.)
15. Can you stand on your head?
16. The uninformed must improve their deficit, or die.
17. Goodbye, sweet hat.
18. Only a few find the way, some don’t recognize it when they do – some… don’t ever want to.
19. The proper order of things is often a mystery to me.
20. I never get involved in politics.
21. I went to a hunting party once, I didn’t like it. Terrible people. They all started hunting me!
22. No one does [play fair] if they think they can get away with it.
23. If you’re gonna make it to the top, get a grip on this rock, and get a grip on yourself.
24. I’m stranger. You’re stranger. Together, we are… strangers.
25. I could hardly afford to lose my head.
26. You may have noticed, I’m not all there myself.
27. And no scheme of ours can raise any sort of smile.
28. We are all victims in-waiting.
You Would Love: Funny Best Friend Quotes
29. When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.
30. Somehow you strayed and lost your way, and now there’ll be no time to play, no time for joy, no time for friends – not even time to make amends.
31. Actually, I am right on time.
32. Never let anyone drive you crazy; it is nearby anyway and the walk is good for you.
33. I can’t know everything.
34. It’s always tea time.
35. Let your need guide your behavior.
Beautiful quotes, they are. And with beauty fun, on fun, memorable. You will come back again for this Cheshire cat quotes, and that is a promise. Check out the following articles for other interesting quotes