All of your effort this year is about to pay off. It’s time to shut down the computer for a moment, turn off your alarm. It’s now time for you to go for a vacation. But then, people who are still toiling away while you’re soaking up rays are going to try to send you some email, under the impression that you’re actually going to be responsive irrespective of where you are. Make sure they know they’ll have to wait till you’re back from vacation.
An out of office message is a message you leave for your contacts when you are about to exit the office, when someone tries to reach you through your e-mail in your absence, this is the message that will show up. Most times it is set as an auto responder email messages and it automatically pops up when someone sends you a message in your absence. This message usually lets you know how long the person has been away, when the person will return and then the next available person to contact. This feature is mostly used when you are going on vacation or away for a long time. Here are a few examples of some of the best out of office messages that always work.
Funny Out of Office Messages
1. Hi. I’m thinking about what you’ve just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.
2.Hi! I’m busy negotiating the salary for my new job. Don’t bother to leave me any messages.
3. I’ve run away to join a different circus.
4. I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical reasons. When I return, please refer to me as ‘Loretta’ instead of ‘Anthony’.
5. On annual leave, hope to win the lottery and never return.
6. Your message contained 15 characters too many for our system to accept at the present time. Please re-format and re-send.
7. On a beach, no laptop, no iPhone. Back [date].
8. I am away until [date]. During my absence, please contact [name]. He won’t help you either.
9. I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position.
10. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn’t have received anything at all.
11. Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged $5.99 for the first ten words and $1.99 for each additional word in your message.
12. I’m not in the office right now but if it’s important, tweet me using #YOUAREINTERRUPTINGMYVACATION.
13. I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless emails you send me until I return from vacation on 5/18. Please be patient and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.
14. Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged $5.99 for the first ten words and $1.99 for each additional word in your message.
15.The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and is unable to deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try sending again. (The beauty of this one is that when you return, you can see how many in-duh-viduals did this over and over).
16. Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system. You are currently in 352nd place and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks.
17. If you’re reading this, Doc Brown was unable to make lightning strike the clock tower, and I’m stuck in 1985. I won’t be able to respond to emails or voicemail until 9ish on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012, or until email is invented — whatever comes first.
18. I am away from the office right now. Unfortunately, I will be back tomorrow.
19. I am no longer checking this email account. The company and I reached a settlement, and in exchange for my not coming within 500 feet of their offices, I will not serve any time.
20. I am away until [date]. I have full access to phone and email, but refuse to use them for work.
21. I am attending training for one week. Don’t expect any difference when I return.
I’m out of the office, and probably drinking.
22. I will be on holiday from [date] to [date]. Each person may send me one email while I am gone. I will randomly delete multiple emails from you until only one is left. You have already sent me one email.
23. I’ve run away to join the circus. A different one.
24. I’m away until [date]. If you have an immediate issue, contact [name]. If your issue is not immediate, why are you emailing me?
25. I cannot handle your emails until I return on [date]. Please be patient and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.
26. I am currently out of the office. I have a cell phone, but I will not be giving the number out. If you can guess the number, however, I will take your call.
27. Hi. I’m thinking about what you’ve just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.
28. I am currently out of the office and probably out-of-my-mind drunk. Enjoy your workweek.
29. I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position. Be prepared for my mood.
30. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn’t have received anything at all.
31. Sorry to have missed you but I am at the doctors having my brain removed so that I may be promoted to management.
32. You have been charged £5.99 for the first 10 words of your email and £1.99 for each additional word.
33. I will be out of the office on medical leave for the next 2 weeks. When I return, please call me Loretta instead of Steve.
34. I am out of the office until [date]. Enjoy the quiet.
35. Please reply to this e-mail so I will know that you got this message.
36. I am on holiday. Your e-mail has been deleted.
37. I’m away from my desk at the moment. My cubicle and computer are still here, but someone took my desk. I’ve gone off to look for it.
38. I am out for the day at a doctor’s appointment. My brain is being removed so I can enter management.
39. I stayed at a motel last night because of the weather, and my cat ran under the bed, which is bolted to the floor.
40. I can’t ask the chambermaids to help me catch the cat, because I’m not supposed to have a cat in here. As soon as the cat comes out, I’ll be back in to work.
41. I’m not out of the office. I’m ignoring you.
Out of the Office Message – Out of Office Email Messages
42. I will be out of the office until… hell freezes over.
43. I am currently in the office but swamped with work. This work was probably due to something you already requested. If you are sending me another request, go ahead and recall your email now.
44. I am out of the office at the moment. Unfortunately, I’m returning tomorrow.
45. I am currently interviewing for a new job. Upon my return, I hope to give my two weeks notice and never respond to your email.
46. I am away at lunch. You should consider trying it. P.S. – This is not an invitation.
47. I’m not really out of the office. I’m just ignoring you.
48. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn’t have received anything at all.
49. Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged $5.99 for the first ten words and $1.99 for each additional word in your message.
50. I am on vacation from mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. I will allow each sender one email. If you send me multiple emails, I will randomly delete your emails until it is pared down to one. Choose wisely. Please note that you already sent me one email.
51. I am on paid leave right now for two weeks. When I get back, I will be on paid return. Upon completing my one week of paid return, I will address any issues or questions you have at a pace I am comfortable with. This is most likely a pace that you will not be comfortable with.
52. I will be out of the office and returning next week. I have incredibly easy access to a phone and email, but I assure you, it will not be used for work purposes.
53. I’m out of the office and returning tomorrow, at which time I will promptly delete all of your emails.
54. Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks.
55. I’ve run away to join a different circus. I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical reasons. When I return, please refer to me as ‘Loretta’ instead of ‘Steve’
56. I am currently out of the office and probably out-of-my-mind drunk. Enjoy your work week.
57. I am currently in the bathroom dropping a deuce. If this is an urgent matter, it only takes me about 2-3 minutes to take a dump, wipe my butt, properly wash my hands of fecal matter, and return to my desk. Feel free to stop by my desk later and give me a high five!
58. (For men only) I am currently out of the office on maternity leave.
59. They say the grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence. I am currently testing that theory. Wish me luck.
60. I recently quit this job because of emails from people like you. I hope you are happy.
61. Hey there, could you give me a call instead? I’d rather deal with this over the phone. If I don’t answer, just keep trying. I’ve been having issues with my phone.
62. I am currently out of the office. If you can guess my cell phone number, then I will take your call.
63. I will be out of the office from mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy without access to email. If this is an emergency, please call 911.
64. I’m out of the office. If you have immediate questions or concerns, please contact my manager [insert name here].
65. If your questions or concerns are not immediate, you might want to ask yourself why you emailed me.
66. I will be away from work for one week while training. When I return, don’t expect any improvement.
67. Hello. You have reached [your name] at [your company]. I am currently out of town and will return on [date]. If this is an emergency, please call my assistant at [phone number]. Otherwise, leave a detailed, confidential message after the tone, and I will call you back when I return. Thank you.
68. Hi. This is [name] at [department, organization]. I will be out of the office until [date] but will be checking messages [not possible, often, occasionally]. If you need immediate assistance or information about the process, please visit the company website at [website link], or contact ABC at [phone number; extension]. Thanks for your call.
69. Hello, this is [name of department]. I will be out of the office all day, but I will be checking in for messages later in the evening. So do leave a detailed message and I will return your call within two days. If you need immediate assistance, please press “0” [redirecting number, if any] to reach [contact]. Thank you.”
70. Hi. I received a great opportunity to work on an exciting [project]. I’ve asked [professor ABC] to take your classes in the meanwhile. He’s brilliant at his job. I hope you will be as excited to work with him. Thank you.
Related topics you might love to read: