So, whether you are a Softball addict or not, when it comes to motivation, you can certainly take a leaf or two from this collection of inspirational Softbal quotes from the most famous players.
Winning is something no one is allergic to. So if you’ve been looking for the right words to motivate your dream team across the finish line, save yourself the trouble and just borrow some from our collection of Softball quotes.
Inspiring Softball Quotes
1. It’s not just any sport, it’s not just throwing a ball, hitting and running.
2. I live with the cheering of my players while I’m up to bat.
3. I live with the red stitches of the softball rubbing against my fingers when I snap my wrist and let it fly.
4. I live with mistakes every day in it, and I live learning them. I live on the pitchers mound where I need complete confidence in my self.
5. I live with snapping my wrist to the catcher and getting the batter out, a perfect strike.
6. I live not only for my teammates, but for my self. I live for fast-pitch softball. – K.M
7. You only get so much time to play the game. Play it right the first time. You don’t get a second try at life.
8. Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty. ― Timothy Keller
9. Worrying about past plays is such a waste of time, energy, and emotion. Know what you need to do in that moment.
10. Try not to get lost in comparing yourself to others. Discover your gifts and let them shine! Softball is amazing that way as a sport. Everyone on the field has a slightly different ability that makes them perfect for their position. – Jennie Finch
Inspirational Softball Quotes
11. When you’re in a slump don’t lie down and take it. Remember: you’re a fighter.
12. Sometimes it feels like you’re pushing and pushing and not getting through. But theres so much progress that cant be seen each day.
13. The softball tan lines are just irreversible by this point…
14. You can be who they tell you to be or become who you’re meant to be.
15. You’re going to be praised and you’re going to be criticized. Ignore both. Neither one matters.
16. When I step into batter’s box, the fans, the noise, the cheers, they all disappear. For that moment, the world is just a battle between me and the pitcher. And more than anything, I want to win. – Mary W.
17. You spend your whole life gripping a softball and you realize its been gripping you too.
18. Sometimes the only thing fair in life is the hit between the foul lines. And sometimes that’s all you need.
19. Every time you go out there, you want to be a little nervous, have a little bit of butterflies in your stomach and get the juices flowing. – Taryne Mowatt
20. The road to becoming the best athlete you can be includes learning to let go of the things you can’t change.
21. Good Game, I Hate You, Good Game… this is almost always true. I actually had a girl say this to me because I kept serving just to her… and she couldn’t pass the ball
22. This game is about the long run. LIFE is about the long run. Pick successes that can build your confidence over time and stay in the process. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, but you can’t see the light if you fall into the trap of all the failures trying to pull you down.”
23. Take it one pitch at a time. Take it one day at at time.
24. The majority of players have to learn to be confident, just like players have to learn to throw a ball. It’s a process and it gets stronger the more it’s practised. Even if you have to fake it to practice it, fake it until it becomes real. You WILL start to believe it.
25. ANYONE can be on a team, but NOT just anyone can be a loyal leader who people look to and who rises above all the negativity and drama.
26. The true definition of confidence has nothing to do with other people who surround us and statistics on a sheet of paper. The only place that confidence comes is from inside YOU. Yes, you. Our confidence belongs to us, no one else.
27. Every morning we wake up we have a choice at how we are going to believe in ourselves. Too easily we forget, especially when we are in the middle of a whirlwind of a season, that every day we wake up is a new day, and you have a choice every morning if and how you are going to believe in yourself. You own that belief. No one else does.
28. When you take the field or look at yourself in the mirror, YOU must be the one to believe that YOU are meant to do great things. YOU get to show everyone what you are made of and your love for the game.
29. Realize this: We aren’t going to be perfect with our outcomes/results, in this game of failure we call softball. However, every time you are in a pressure situation it’s a chance to prove that you’re in the ‘perfect’ frame of mind. The ‘success’ and ‘failure’ comes from being in the right frame of mind and giving yourself a chance to have success when the big moment comes; it doesn’t always necessarily come with the outcome, despite what all eyes watching might think. Results will come once the frame of mind has been altered.
30. The only way you won’t ‘make it’ is if you don’t have passion for something and don’t work hard enough at it – with all my heart I believe that. When you have passion for where ever your heart wants to take you, it drives you, it gives you direction and it gives you momentum. Let your passion push you to your dreams. Your passion is the driving force behind your energy and motivation.
31. Passion creates work ethic. Work ethic creates possibilities. Possibilities create happiness.
32. Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory. ~ Arthur Ashe
33. When all the girls were getting all made up and getting into all that girl stuff in junior high I was out playing softball or touch football with the guys.
Softball Pitchers Quotes
34. The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. ~ Joe Paterno
35. The minute you start talking about what you’re going to do if you lose, you have lost. – George Shultz
36. It’s always about wanting to one-up myself from the day before. There’s never an absolute 100% perfect performance, but going out and striving for that perfect performance is what keeps me going.
37. When we played softball, I’d steal second base, feel guilty and go back.
38. It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up. ~ Vince Lombardi
39. It is not for man to rest in absolute contentment. He is born to hopes and aspirations, as the sparks fly upward, unless he has brutified his nature, and quenched the spirit of immortality, which is his portion. — Southey.
40. As teammates, we are always there for one another … everyone has everyone’s back. -Whitney Barrett
41. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You have to have one hand free to throw something back.
42. The game begins the moment you forget your playing.
43. I don’t want to play golf. When I hit a ball I want someone to go chase it.
44. You spend your life gripping a softball, but in the end it was the other way around the whole time.
45. Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the name on the back.
46. When the game is over leave it on the field.
47. A winner is that person who gets up one more time then he was knocked down
48. Pain is temporary, guys dig scars, but glory lasts forever.
49. If you’re out there to look pretty then get off the field, it’s not about looking pretty it’s about sweat, practice, practice, practice, and then the slide into home that wins you the game.
50. Sometimes the only way to tell its practice is by what you’re wearing.
51. Sometimes the only thing fair in life is a ball hit between 1st and 3rd.
Funny Softball Quotes
52. You can’t steal second with one foot on first.
53. if you don’t play fast-pitch, don’t say you play softball.
54. Softball is for everyone. Fast-pitch is for athletes.
55. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. – Vincent T. Lombardi
56. Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. – Robert F. Kennedy
57. If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out. – George Brett
58. I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability. – Bruce Jenne
59. To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. – Prefontaine
60. I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot…and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that’s precisely why I succeed.
61. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. – Michael Jordan
62. A winner never whines. – Paul Brown
63. The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do. – Dennis Waitley
64. I’ve worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down. – Mia Hamm
65. Its supposed to be hard, if it wasn’t hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
66. You must sacrifice, train, and do everything possible to put yourself in a position to win. But if you consider second or third a failure, I feel sorry for you.
67. Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you away from playing the game.
68. Mind over matter……because in our mind, you don’t matter
69. We don’t wear cups, we win them.
70. This diamond doesn’t sparkle but I protect it with my LIFE