Asking your crush out on a first date is all about having fun and it’s usually a precursor to having a relationship together.
Your first date can be exciting and awesome, but they can also be nerve-wracking, awkward, and a real pain. First dates are sort of mini-interviews disguised as social outings, whether we like to admit it or not. That’s why figuring out what to talk about ahead of time with a list of good first date questions and conversation starters are so important.
Like they always say that first impression matters, rather than asking questions that would help know them better; you wouldn’t want to ruin your first date with your partner by asking weird questions. Here, we have compiled a list of first date questions you can ask a girl or a guy. We hope you’d find them interesting.
See Also: 100 Good Questions To Ask Your Crush
Questions To Ask On A First Date
1. What do you do, and how long have you been doing it?
2. Where are you originally from?
3. What’s your best childhood memories?
4. Who in your family are you closest to?
5. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
6. What kinds of things really make you laugh?
7. What’s your favorite place in the entire world?
8. Who is your best friend? What do you like about him/her?
9. What’s your favorite movie of all time? Why so?
10. What’s your biggest goal in life right now?
11. What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
12. Do you have any pet peeves?
13. What was your family like growing up?
14. What were you like as a kid?
15. What should I know about you that I’d never think to ask about?
16. Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
17. Who was your favorite school teacher or college professor? Why?
18. Have you figured out your calling in life? What is it?
19. What do you hate most about the dating someone? (Tell me so I can avoid it!)
20. What was your family like growing up?
21. What were you like as a kid?
22. Were you popular in your high school?
23. What’s something you are bad at?
24. What’s something you’ve been really proud of lately?
25. What was the last book you read?
26. What’s something you have always wanted to try?
27. What makes you nervous?
28. What things would you save if your apartment were on fire?
29. Do you have siblings?
30. When is your birthday?
31. What do you see yourself doing with your life in 5 years, 10 years?
32. Have you had an experience you would say has impacted the direction of your life?
33. Have you had to make an important decision that affected the direction of your life?
34. Are there people you don’t like? Are there people that don’t like you?
35. Where do you consider good places for a couple to be romantic?
36. What has been an embarrassing moment for you?
37. Are you ever bored?
38. What are good leisure activities a family should try to do together?
39. Are you okay that I still might have some feelings for my Ex?
40. What is your definition of emotional intimacy?
41. What do you think of this expression: Where there was fire, ashes remain.
42. What sort of future financial plans/goals do you have?
43. What is your biggest goal in life?
44. What is your favorite book/author?
45. Describe yourself in 3 words.
46. Tell me your 3 weaknesses.
47. Who is your hero, do you have more than one?
48. What are the most important things in life?
49. What questions would you like me to answer?
50. What is your bad/good habits?
51. How do you perceive the world? Liberal/conservative, spiritual/atheist
52. What would you do to leave an impression on a person on your first date?
53. What would your perfect life consist of?
54. Is there an age where being a virgin, you think, would be awkward?
55. What’s been your most intimate experience? What is emotional as well as physically intimate?
56. Can you have emotional intimacy without physical intimacy?
57. Do you still have feelings for an ex?
58. How long did your most intimate relationship last?
59. Do you regret any of those intimate experiences with that person?
60. Have you ever had the feeling you were being watched, in general, not during, you know?
61. What was your most conflicted emotional moment?
62. Do you usually follow your heart or your head?
63. What is your opinion about same gender relationships?
64. Do you think the past matters in a relationship?
65. How would you react if I told I have had a relationship with a partner of the same gender?
66. Do you believe in any god or gods? Why? Are you spiritual?
67. Do you have any opinions about politics?
68. Do you have any hobbies?
69. Have you ever experimented with legal/illegal drugs?
70. What do you think is the key to good parenting?
71. Do you like pets in the house? Do you like pets?
72. What is the weirdest thing about you to most people?
73. Tell me something about your first kiss.
74. If your parents don’t like me for some reason, is that a deal breaker?
75. Have you ever had a one night stand? If you did, do you regret it?
76. Do you believe in soul mates?
77. Do you have a criminal record, any contraction of diseases?
78. What is your dream job?
79. Are you willing to stay away from your family if you ever have to for a job?
80. Which living celebrity/author/singer would you like to know?
81. What is something you will NEVER do again?
82. What do you spend the most time thinking about?
83. What are some of the events in your life that made you who you are?
84. What do you wish your brain was better at doing?
85. There are two types of people in this world. What are the two types?
86. What is the strangest thing you have come across?
88. What are you addicted to?
89. What stereotype do you completely live up to?
90. What is something you can never seem to finish?
91. As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?
92. What would be the scariest monster you could imagine?
93. What would you do if you knew you were going to die in one hour?
94. What book impacted you the most?
95. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
96. If life is a game like some people say, what are some of the rules?
98. What is something that your friends would consider “so you”?
99. What risks are worth taking?
100. What can you not get right, no matter how many times you try?
Good First Date Questions
101. Do you believe in love at first sight?
102. If you could convince everyone in the world to do one thing at one point in time, what would that thing be?
103. If you would change your natural hair, would you? To what?
104. Have you ever tried online dating? Worst experience?
105. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
106. What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
107. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
108. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
109. If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
110. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
111. You rather go hang gliding or whitewater rafting?
112. What’s your dream car?
113. What’s worth spending more on to get the best?
114. What is something that a ton of people is obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of?
115. What are you most looking forward to in the next 10 years?
116. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
117. What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
118. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
119. What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again?
120. If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have?
121. What amazing thing did you do that no one was around to see?
122. How different was your life one year ago?
123. What’s the best way to start the day?
124. What quirks do you have?
125. Would you rate me 10 / 10?
126. What fad or trend do you hope comes back?
127. What’s the most interesting piece of art you’ve seen?
128. What kind of art do you enjoy most?
129. What do you hope never changes?
130. What city would you most like to live in?
131. What movie title best describes your life?
132. Did you decide to do the work you are doing now?
133. The best way a person can spend their time?
134. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make?
135. Where is the most relaxing place you’ve ever been?
136. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
137. Where would you rather be from?
138. What are some things you’ve had to unlearn?
139. What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
140. What website do you visit most often?
141. What one thing do you really want but can’t afford?
142. Where do you usually go when you have time off?
143. Where would you spend all your time if you could?
144. What is special about the place you grew up?
145. What age do you want to live up to?
146. What are you most likely to become famous for?
147. What are you absolutely determined to do?
148. What is the most impressive thing you know how to do?
149. What do you wish you knew more about?
150. What question would you most like to know the answer to?
You Might Also Like: 100 Random Questions To Ask People
Funny First Date Questions
151. Why are you single? Really…why?
152. Does baldness run in your family?
153. Do you get along with your family?
154. What was your longest relationship? Why did it end?
155. How much do you make? (It’s not that we’re gold-diggers…we’re just, you know, curious.)
156. Boxers or briefs? What color?
157. Did you put that outfit together yourself or did you get your friend to help you?
158. What’s your most unappealing habit?
159. What did your last girlfriend look like, and does she still talk to you?
160. What are your views on monogamy?
161. If your life was a book, what would its title be?
162. What’s the best and worst thing about getting older?
163. What’s something that happened or something that someone said that changed how you view the world?
164. What are you most likely very wrong about?
165. If you had a personal flag, what would be on it?
166. What lifestyle change have you been meaning to make for a while now?
167. What would be your spirit animal?
168. What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things?
169. What chance encounter changed your life forever?
170. If you could have a video of anyone event in your life, what event would you choose?
171. If you were forced to relive one 10-minute block of your life again and again for all eternity, what 10 minutes of your life would you choose?
172. How do you hope you’ll change as a person in the future?
173. What keeps you up at night?
174. What’s the most surprising self-realization you’ve had?
175. What’s the most illegal thing you’ve done?
176. What lie do you tell most often?
177. What do you regret not doing?
178. What gives your life meaning?
179. What do you most often look down on people for? What do you think other people look down on you for?
180. What bridges do you not regret burning?
181. What are you most insecure about?
182. How do you get in the way of your own success?
183. What’s one thing you did that you really wish you could go back and undo?
184. What are you afraid people see when they look at you?
185. Do you believe in God?
186. What’s in your fridge right now?
187. Where’s your happy space?
188. Do you believe in Aliens?
189. Can you cook? What are your favorite dishes?
190. What is your favorite article of clothing you own?
191. Would you date someone who picks his nose?
192. Tea or coffee?
193. What’s the highest lie you ever told about someone?
194. Ever heard your name being gossiped about?
195. Did you ever crush your male/female teacher?
196. How many kids would you like to have?
197. Beach holiday or sightseeing holiday? Why?
198. Window shopping or online shopping?
199. What are we doing after this?
200. There’s a cool bar I know around here, want to go grab a drink?
The impression you get on your first date determines the next step you would take in your relationship. Therefore, try to be at your best and make your first date with her very special and memorable. Cheers!