The demise of a loved one is usually a very painful experience that words are not enough to describe. Most times even writing a condolence message seems hard because at that moment, we’re all at a loss for words. Finding the words to express your deepest feelings at a time of loss can sometimes be very difficult. With all the emotions that occur at this time, it can be challenging for the message writer to write at all in the first place, let alone, write something uplifting. It is best to keep in mind, that both parties are going through their own emotions. Finding words to write, that convey your sympathy, is not always easy. As a rule of thumb, Do write what is in your heart. Do not write ’empty words’ and Do not write words that you do not feel. What can you write then?
We have put together a selection of real inspirational uplifting sympathy/bereavement messages that we have personally received as well as submission from our readers. We hope these examples will help you find your own unique way of expressing your love and concern for someone that has lost a loved one.
Sympathy Messages For Loss Of Mother
1. “Your mom was a beautiful woman in her personality, integrity, and actions.”
2. “She feeds us, teaches us, loves us, spends time with us. When she leaves us, she lives on through us.”
3. “Moms live in a special place in the hearts of their children. That’s why mothers will continue to live even after they pass on.”
4. “May the memory of your mom give you the same feelings of love you had when she was alive.”
5. “Your mother will be greatly missed and we are sorry for your loss.”
6. Your mom was a very special lady and loved by everyone who knew her. Please know that we share in your grief and extend our deepest sympathy to you and your family.
7. Hope that these words comfort you on the loss of your mother. I will always remember her sweet smile and beautiful nature. May God keep you in his embrace at this difficult time.
8. It is hard to imagine what you must be going through. I am so, so sorry. Know that we are all thinking of you and wishing you strength as you deal with so much grief.
9. May you find peace and comfort in knowing that your grief is shared by so many of us. Your mom will be sorely missed. God bless you and your wonderful family.
10. Hold on tight to your mom’s memories, she is there, watching you.
11. “Moms are special people, especially ones like yours. From the time I spent with her, I could tell she was an amazing lady.”
12. “I admire the life that your mom lived, and I can only hope that I can have as strong of a finish to my life as she did.”
13. “Your mother was the type of person who inspired integrity in those around her; she encouraged others to be the best people they could be. That’s reflected in your life.”
14. “Your mother was one of the warmest and most caring people I have had the pleasure of knowing. I am sorry for your great loss.”
15. “Most people only have one mom, and that is why moms are so special. I’m sorry for your great loss.”
16. “Even though moms are the quickest people to give love to children, they are also the people who their children need love from the most.”
17. “A mom is someone who cares deeply and always, whether you have just scraped your knee or found out about a terminal illness.”
18. “Moms keep us alive when we are helpless babies, so it’s our responsibility to keep mothers alive in our minds after they pass.”
19. “Moms are important and special people. I am sorry for the loss of such a valuable person in your life. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.”
20. “Good mothers hold a special place in their hearts for their children and most children hold a special place in their hearts for their mothers. I’m sorry for the hole that you have now.”
21. “I’m glad to have gotten to meet your mother. My condolences go out to you and your family.”
22. “As a long-time friend of your mother’s, I know how special of a person she was. I feel a great loss at this time.”
23. “We will all miss your mom. She was a dynamic person and a pleasure to know.”
24. “I like to think that the values and lessons that moms teach their children make moms immortal as they influence lives over generations.”
25. “Your mother lived a great and meaningful life.”
26. “It is an honor to call your mother my friend.”
27. “I am one of the many lives that your mother touched during her life.”
28. “Your mom was a wonderful woman who role-modeled what it means to live life well.”
29. “Your mother’s light shone brightly on those she loved during her luminous life.”
30. My heart breaks for you, and I am sending so much love and so many prayers. Thank you for letting us know. With deepest sympathy – XYZ
31. Your mom was a beautiful person, inside and out, and she will be relentless and uncompromisingly missed.
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother and praying that your faith will give you strength in these testing times.
32. “I would be grateful for the opportunity to help you in any way that you need in the coming days and weeks. Just so you know, I’ll be checking in on you to see what I can do.”
33. “I’m grateful for being able to get to know your mother, and I’m comforted in the knowledge that there are other people who felt and remember her amazing influence.”
34. “What I remember most about your mother was her wisdom and warm-heartedness. She was patient and never seemed to speak ill of others.”
35. “Great people such as your mother are an inspiration to everyone around them. Your mother will continue to be an inspiration for me, even though she has passed. She will live on in my memory and thoughts.”
36. “I can’t help but smile on the inside when I think about the legacy she is leaving behind. She taught a lot to her children and her children’s children. Think about all the generations that have been and will be blessed by the life she lived.”
37. “Your mother had to bear the challenge of pregnancy and childbirth for you to live, and now you must bear the challenge of her loss in order for you and her to both move on.”
Messages Of Sympathy
38. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
39.Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength.
40. Our deepest sympathy.
41. May loving memories ease your loss and bring you comfort.
42. Words cannot express my sadness. May the comfort of God help you through this difficult time.
43. With love and remembrance.
44. May He who knows your sorrow bring peace, comfort, and healing to your soul.
45. Words seem inadequate to express the sorrow felt by the loss of “name of deceased”. My heart is with you.
46. A living tribute to a beautiful and generous spirit.
47. An eternal memory that will continue to grow.
48. May each new leaf represent my ever-growing love for you.
49. May these trees grow and blossom in his/her memory.
50. May these trees stand in tribute to a life well lived.
51. Sending love, thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this tough time.
52. My deepest sympathies during your time of loss. Please know that you are always in my prayers.
53. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during your difficult times.
54. We are sorry for your loss and offer our heartfelt condolences
55. I hope that you accept my sincere sympathy and condolence.
56. Our prayers and thoughts are you at this most challenging times
57. It is with deep sorrow that we have heard of his death. Please accept our condolences from our family.
58. We hope that you find courage and strength to bear this irreparable loss.
59. Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow.
60. We pray the love of God enfolds you during your difficult times and he helps you heal with the passage of time.
61. May the love of those around you help you through your difficult times.
62. Please accept my/our sincere sympathies.
63. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you mourn.
64. Our hearts go out to you during this difficult time.
65. May his/her memory be a blessing to all those he/she knew.
66. May you always hold loving memories of your mother/father/sister/etc.
67. May your [loved one’s] memory bring you comfort and peace.
68. The people we love never go away for they live in our hearts.
69. There is no death, only a change of worlds.
70. We are sorry beyond words for your loss.
71. We will miss him/her, but never forget him/her.
72. What we have once enjoyed we can never lose.
73. May he/she/they rest in peace.
74. Sending all our love at this difficult time.
75. The ones we love are never gone, they live within our hearts.
76. Wishing you loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
77. You/He/She/They left this world loved and will be loved beyond.
78. May his/her memory be a blessing. Our hearts are with you.
79. A small token of our endless love and thoughts.
80. We are here for you and your family, now and forever.
81. Here’s to [name] and his/her everlasting memory.
82. Forever remembered, forever missed.
83. His/her memory will reside forever in my/our heart(s.)
Sympathy Messages For Loss Of Father
84. Your father was always there for my family and I growing up. He was so giving and thoughtful. I know he will live on in our hearts and in our minds.
85. Whenever you feel that their is no hope. Just remember what your dad used to say “It could always be worse”. Keep your head up. So sorry. Much love to you and our condolences.
86. God will definitely show you the way to smiling again. I know this experience will change you forever. Just remember all the good times you shared with your father and all the love he gave you throughout the years. He is not gone. He will live in your heart forever.
87. Your strength inspires me. I know the loss of your father is not easy to deal with. But the way your are handling it and helping your family is truly amazing.Your father would be so proud of the person you have become.
88. I am really sorry for you loss. I know how close you were to your father and what an influence he had on your life. We will miss him.
89. Your father had such am amazing personality. Always made the best out of the situation. I learned a lot from him and life will be very different without him. I am sorry for your loss.
90. My heart felt condolences. Your father was an outstanding man and it seems that he has left us too soon.
91. I am truly sorry for your loss. There is not grieving message that can express how much he meant to me. My heart is aching.
92. Your father was always there for my mom and I. He always had time to fix what was broken and to give us hope. He was truly a kind human being. We were all so lucky to have him. Mycondolences.
93. Life doesn’t seem fair sometimes. Your father was one of the good guys. I will miss him terribly. Mycondolences.
94. Your father always bragged about you. I hope you know that you meant the world to him. He was a wonderful man and will be missed. Truly sorry for your loss.
95. Your father was a wonderful person. He will be sincerely missed by all. May his soul rest in peace.
96. No matter where he goes, you will always be your Daddy’s little star. He will watch over you from above.
97. I felt my heart broke into pieces when I heard about the sudden death of your beloved father. He was a great person and will truly be missed.
98. I am sorry for your loss. May the departed soul rest in eternal peace. Stay strong and let time heal you. God is always with you.
99. “Your dad was a wonderful role model and mentor. His advice and support will be greatly missed by myself and many others.”
100. “Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of your father. Your dad will remain in my heart forever.”