Having the right words to say when you talk to yourself can be very crucial to your mental and psychological well being. Words are very powerful, be it words said to others or words said to you.
Research has shown that a majority of people who are verbally abused by their parents or bullies in school, tend to grow up to be socially withdrawn or mentally disturbed as adults. If you happen to be one who has been abused verbally resulting in you having a low self-esteem, try boosting your own self-confidence by speaking positively to yourself.
In recent times, people have grown a little cold and less available to help others, be it by kind words spoken or otherwise. Thus, you will need to support yourself by knowing the right words to say to uplift yourself. If you are in a really bad state and don’t have the words you need, we have provided you with 75 things to say when you talk to yourself.
What To Say When You Talk To Yourself
1. I don’t have to be great to start, but I have to start to be great.
2. I am strong.
3.I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.
4. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.
5. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.
6. The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
7. One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.
8. Start competing with yourself.
9. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person I am.
10. It does not matter how slowly I go as long as I do not stop.
11. Set realistic goals.
12. The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.
13. I did something no one else was willing to do.
14. I can do this!
15. I will learn to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.
16. This time is an appointment with me.
17. I believe I can change the world (or at least my corner of it).
18. I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
19. I can find peace through prayer and meditation.
20. That’s not my job, but who cares?
21. I choose to focus on what I can control.
22. Every day, in every way, I am becoming better and better.
23. I may be one in 7 billion but I am also one in 7 billion!
24. I choose to see the good in the people I interact with today.
25. I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.
What To Say To Boost Your Self-Esteem
26. I can and I will do things to promote healing in my life.
27. The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with myself.
28. It’s not my responsibility to be beautiful. I’m not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.
29. I can overcome my fear.
30. The world has a need for me.
31. I’m not perfect–and that’s OK.
32. I’m so cool. I want to date myself, but I don’t know how! You want to date me instead? You’re so lucky!
33. I will inhale confidence and exhale doubt.
34.I am important.
35.I will do something no one else was willing to do.
36. I am smart.
37. I am unique.
38. I don’t care what other people think.
39. Today, I will celebrate me.
40. Everything that happens to me is a reflection of what I believe about myself.
41. I cannot outperform our level of my self-esteem.
42. Until I value myself, I won’t value my time. Until I value my time, I will not do anything with it.
43. I am imperfect but I’m perfectly me.
44. Women who love themselves are threatening; but men who love real women, more so.Women who love themselves are threatening; but men who love real women, more so.
45. My smile can make someone feel better.
46. I matter
47. As long as I look for someone else to validate who I am by seeking their approval, I am setting myself up for disaster. I have to be whole and complete in myself. No one can give me that. I have to know who I am- what others say is irrelevant.
48. Zap the negative thoughts
49. I can reach out for help if I need it.
50. I keep going because I believe in myself.
What To Say To Motivate Yourself
51. The sun is shining; I am ready to take on another day.
52. It is never too late to be what I might have been.
53. I’ve been successful in the past so I can still make it.
54. The tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching my goals. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach.
55. Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.
56. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
57. I can handle this one step at a time.
58. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
59. Twenty years from now I will be more disappointed by the things that I didn’t do than the ones I did do.
60. Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.
61. I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways.
62. My confidence is beautiful.
63. If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.
64. It is always too early to give up on my goals.
65. My past does not define my future, I do.
66. The answer is right before me, even if I do not see it right now.
67. My life is filled with possibility.
68. Everything will work out in the end. If it hasn’t worked out yet, it’s not the end.
69. I can make a difference.
70. I will focus on my talents; I have things to share with the world.
71. Today is a new day; I will see what adventure it holds.
72. I refuse to be pushed by my problems; I will be led by my dreams.
73. I am awake and ready to be awesome.
74. I am special; I will not change myself for anyone.
75. My problem has a solution; I will work on a plan.