Losing someone is hard, but coming up with the right consoling words for a sympathy card is not easy either. Whether it was a long time coming (through sickness) or it happened suddenly, there are never enough sympathy cards to console someone for the passing of a loved one.
However, having family and friends around always helps. It also pays to be there for someone who just lost their family or friends. You could also send a sympathy card to bring a smile to their faces. You never know how much your kind words will mean to them. If you’re not exactly sure of what to say, here’s what to write in a sympathy card:
Sympathy Card For The Loss Of A Mother
1. I am saddened to hear of your mother’s passing. She was loved and respected by everyone who met her. I hope you can find peace in the wonderful life she has lived. May she rest in peace. God bless you and your entire family.
2. Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother. From what I heard, she was a great woman to be admired. I’ll be thinking about you in the coming days and saying a prayer for you now and then.
3. Moms provide their children with so much while they are growing up including a place to call home. Now, your mom has been called to her home. I hope you are comforted by the promise of being with your mom in her new home when the time comes for you to join her in the sweet by and by.
4. Children and grandchildren continue the legacy their mothers begin. Your mother has built a strong legacy that I know will live on.
5. God gives us the gift of mothers to provide us nurturing, comfort, and support. God can still provide that for you now, but he’ll have to do it in a different way. I’ll be praying for you to have comfort and support from God.
6. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I know that nothing can take away the pain that you are feeling right now, but I just want you to know that your mother was an inspiration to me and I will remember her forever.
7. I can’t help but smile on the inside when I think about the legacy she is leaving behind. She taught a lot to her children and her children’s children. Think about all the generations that have been and will be blessed by the life she lived.
8. Your mother had to bear the challenge of pregnancy and childbirth for you to live, and now you must bear the challenge of her loss in order for you and her to both move on
9. Even though moms are the quickest people to give love to children, they are also the people who their children need love from the most.
10. As I hear of your loss, I’m reminded to be grateful for the time I have had with my own mother in this life. Our mothers have been such blessings in our lives, and they will continue to bless us even now and in the future.
Loss Of A Father Sympathy Card
11. Your father always bragged about how wonderful you were. I hope you know that you meant the world to him. He was a wonderful man and will be missed. Truly sorry for your loss.
12. Life doesn’t seem fair sometimes and this is one of those moments. Your father was one of the good guys. I will miss him terribly. My condolences.
13. My condolences to you for the passing of your father. There will never be another man like him.
14. Your dad was a wise man, but at the same time, he had a great sense of humor. He will be missed greatly and remembered often.
15. I cannot tell you how sorry I was to hear about your dad. I was shocked and saddened by the news. Please extend my sympathy to your mom and the rest of your family.
16. I hope it comforts you to know that your grief is shared by all of us who knew your dad. He was a wonderful man and he will be sorely missed
17. Everybody can be a father, but only a few can be dads. Your father was one of the few who deserve the title. You’re so lucky to have had a dad like him even for such a short time. May you find comfort from all of us who share your loss.
18. I am really sorry for your loss. I know how close you were to your father and what an influence he had on your life. We will miss him.
19. Weep today and be grateful tomorrow. Weep for you have lost your protector and your strength, be grateful for he’s now at peace and free form all sufferings. Please accept this little help from me. I am with you in mourning his demise.
20. I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you are going through your process of grieving.
Sympathy Card For The Loss Of A Child
21. I feel as though I am the blessed one to have been graced by your [son/daughter]‘s big heart and inviting personality. It is truly the mark of wonderful parents. Every bit of my heart goes out to you during this most difficult time.
22. We are truly sorry for your loss. The loss of a child is heartbreaking. Our heart aches for you and your family. [name] was a wonderful child and he will be terribly missed.
23. My words are not adequate to express the sorrow I feel for your loss. You son was an inspiration to everyone around him. I am so blessed and lucky to have known his beauty and I will keep his spirit alive.
24. The love and joy that this child brought to us all is something I will forever miss and treasure. I am very sorry for your loss.
25. I am so sorry for your loss. I love you. Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. You have to believe that [name] was here for a reason and your connection could never be broken.
26. No words can express the pain that you are going through and my prayer for you is that God will give you strength to face the coming days ahead without this lovely child.
27. The right words can be so hard to find. Simply know that I’m thinking of you every moment.
28. Words can not explain the sorrow and pain we feel for the loss of your [son/daughter]. [name] will be greatly missed. With our deepest sympathy.
29. Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
30. I imagine there is no pain more far reaching and deeper than losing a child. My heart and prayers go out to you at this most difficult time.
Loss Of A Spouse Sympathy Card
31. I cannot comprehend just how devastated you must be feeling over the loss of your spouse. My heart goes out to you, in this difficult time.
32. I was surprised to hear about your wife’s death. You always spoke highly of her and mentioned positive qualities about her. I am sorry for your loss.
33. It’s difficult to know what you might be feeling right now. If you want someone to talk to, know that I am available. I am sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family.
34. Your husband was a great guy. I enjoyed working with him, and I will miss his sense of humour. I just want to let you know that I am sorry for your loss.
35. Please know that you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your husband. I know that there is little I can say to console you but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this tragic time
36. I am sorry for the loss of your wife. I am at a loss for words and have no idea what to say right now. I want you to know that I am available for you to talk to anytime.
37. My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your husband. I know you had a great marriage and loved him so much. I share your grief at this very difficult time.
38. I was so deeply saddened to hear of your husband’s passing. He was a wonderful man. You have our deepest sympathy.
39. It never seems fair when people we are close to die. I want to tell you that I am sorry for the loss of your wife. I am thinking of you and your family. Please accept my condolences.
40. Please accept my condolences for the loss of your husband. I never met him, but I imagine he was a great guy if he was anything like you. Please don’t hesitate to call me if you want to talk to hang out.
Loss Of A Sibling Sympathy Card
41. Your sister’s death came as such a shock. I had no idea that she was having health problems. I extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family. She has left us at too young an age but will be remembered fondly for all that she accomplished in such a short life. God Bless You.
42. I just heard the sad news about your brother and wanted you to know how truly sorry I am. He was one of the nicest people I know and I know that he was a great brother too. I will keep you all in my thoughts and pray that you will find the strength and courage to get through this difficult time.
43. Please accept my sincere sympathy on the loss of your brother. I was very sorry to hear the news. I liked your brother very much and enjoyed his company whenever we were together. He was always so proud of you and your family and never had a bad word to say about anyone. I will miss him very much. I will pay my respects at the services. Stay strong.
44. I am sorry for the loss of your sister. Words are inadequate for what I am feeling and wanting to express to you right now, but I do want you to know that I am thinking of you and will be calling you soon to check on you and see how you are doing.
45. I was initially so sorry and felt sad when I heard about the passing of your brother. You and your brother are very close to each other and I am a witness. Your brother was really a good person and a good brother as well.
46. Losing a sister is such a sad event. I will remember her always for her great charm and wit. We all share in your grief at this difficult time.
47. I felt so sad when I heard the news. I’m sorry for your loss my friend. I’m sure your brother will forever be remembered as a good guy. We will miss him too. Our deepest sympathy from our family.
48. I was both shocked and saddened to hear about your sister’s death. Please accept my sincere sympathy on your loss.
49. I was deeply saddened to hear of your sister’s passing. She was very special and we all thought the world of her. You have my sincere sympathy on your loss.
50. I find myself sad upon hearing of your brother’s passing. I’m sorry for your loss. Your brother was an amazing person in so many ways. You are always in my prayers and your whole family as well. My condolences for your loss.
Read Also: 100 Truth Or Dare Questions For Teens
Sympathy Card For The Loss Of A Friend
51. Through this card, I send my condolences to you and your family my friend for your loss. I hope you get all the support from your family and the strength to get on with life
52. Please accept my sincere sympathy on your loss. I counted him/her among my closest friends. I will miss him/her greatly
53. I’m sorry. I know those words are inadequate, but I am truly sorry for what you’re experiencing right now. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help
54. It was a joy to know him/her. We had become very good friends and we enjoyed each others company. You have my deepest sympathy
55. I am so sorry to hear about [Name]’s passing. I hope that the love of family and friends will comfort and strengthen you in the days ahead
56. Words, however kind, can’t mend your heartache, but those who care for you share your grief and wish you comfort and peace of mind
57. For you my friend, I offer all my condolence wishes for the untimely loss of your close friend. I pray to the Lord to bless you with the strength to cope up with the loss.
58. I was so very sad and sorry to hear of my good friend’s passing. He/She was a great person and a cherished friend. I will cherish my great memories of our time together. I will never forget all the wonderful times we spent together. You have my heartfelt sympathy
59. I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost one of my dearest friends whom I was very fond of. I will miss him/her greatly and he/she will be in my thoughts and prayers always. Please know how much I share your grief. It is a sad time for all of us.
60. I’m here for you during this dark time and will be here for you when the light begins to shine for you again